1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Serious control problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Osiris, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Osiris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm having quite a dangerous issue here. Whenever I battle, Jaheira goes berserk and starts attacking the nearest moving thing, regardless of whether it's friend or foe. She isn't under any spell influences, neither does she have a script assigned to her, so I really can't figure it out. She doubles as the group's healer, so you might imagine just how big of a problem I'm looking at here. If it's any help, I installed the scripts by Tapio. Might that be the cause?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know the Tapio scripts, but have you checked her items? Maybe she has an item which will cause her to go berserk in battle.

Other than that, if the situation is too ugly and you are facing too tough enemies or losing a battle, most NPCs will either go berserk or flee in terror. Jaheira says 'I will not fall here' and runs away generally in such a condition.

Try using Chaotic Commands (level 5, priest) spell on her, this may prevent it.

3. Osiris Gems: 1/31

She isn't wearing anything that'd cause it, nor is it due to the strength of our enemies. I was facing 3 goblins and she went crazy. It just happens, no warning whatsoever. I'll try that spell and hope it works.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Is your AI on? Is Jaheira on the automatic attack script? Try turnin off your AI and see how things go...

Sorry if you've already checked that, but hearing your description, I feel that is the most likely reason for your problem...

5. Osiris Gems: 1/31

Toggling the AI doesn't work and I gave her the defensive cleric script. I've tried everything I could and the only thing that worked was keeping the opposition out of her sight but seeing as she has to stand face-to-face with whatever's thrown at us, I can't just leave her standing behind a corner while I send the others to their deaths, since their healer just can't take the blood and gore of a battle.

6. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This reminds me a little of the problem Silverstar is currently having with Jaheira...you don't have the multiple romance component installed, and are attempting to romance Jaheira and another NPC by any chance?

7. Osiris Gems: 1/31

No. That wouldn't work either way, she's the only female in the group.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I heard something even more similar than Silver's combat mode glitch. Someone had this very same thing happen with Imoen a while back; she'd berserk any time she saw an enemy. I don't remember how they solved it, but you can use the search function of the forum to find it.

9. Drow Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Are you patched/Balderdahed?

If not delete any mods get patched then Baulder dash then you can get any mods back.

(Also try a diffrent script its possible the script is bugged)

10. Osiris Gems: 1/31

The scripts don't make a difference. I turned the AI off and she still went crazy. I'll try patching it.
    EDIT: Well, the patch did nothing to reinforce her mental stability.

[ April 28, 2006, 16:05: Message edited by: Osiris ]

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

12. Osiris Gems: 1/31

I have that one, I just didn't figure it'd affect the game in that way... I'll try it and hope it works.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.