1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MOD conflict?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thunder, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I'm playing a Fighter/thief right now and am going through the thievesguild quest. I'm now at the point that I've got to kill Mae'var, but every time that uber assasin comes and kills me in one blow! I tried removing the mod I thought was responsible for this, but it didn't work. I'm guessing that there is a conflict, but have no idea which one.

Mods I run:
    - D0questpack v2
    - Banterpack V6
    - Ease of use
    - Item upgrade
    - Tactics
    - Under represented items

I've let the mage Edwin sents you to kill, alive by the way? Should I've killed him to avoid this problem?

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you've got to kill him to advance the quest. Edwin will give you another quest, then Mae'Var will give you another quest, and then finally, Edwin gives you the documents to implicate Mae'Var. Then you have to go back to Renal Bloodscalp, deliver the documents to him, and he's gives you the OK to kill him. So essentially, yes, you can't just whack him until you complete the other aspects of the quest.

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've tried some options and one of em worked. First I tried to remove the Questpack mod, but this didn't help. Then I installed it again and went straight for the mage and killed him, but the assasin stil showed up. Then I whent to the mage with edwin and killed him, but again the assasin showed up. Then I kept him alive, went for Mae'var but the assasin was waiting. Last option, killed the mage, un-installed the mod, re-installed the mod and fought Mae'var. It finally worked. God I hate Mods with bugs! If it wasn't for the added fun from them I probably wouldn't install any of them!

4. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

you didnt have a bug man, arknis gath kills you if you cause unwarrented trouble in the ST's guildhouses

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A couple of questions so I can better understand.

1. Who is this uber assassin? At first, I thought you were talking about Mae'Var.
    2. The mage. Is this the one Edwin sends you to kill; Rayic Gethras I think is his name?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.