1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wondering if this is a bug? **Spoiler**

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by kidragon, Sep 1, 2004.

1. kidragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I am just playing through the game for the first time and had to change into a slayer in the Mind Flayer citadel.

After I got out of the underdark (several days later and about 1.5 levels later), I was curious so I went back to my special abilities and found that I could not change into a slayer anymore?

Is this a bug?

I have the full SoA and Tob with some weidu mods installed.

Ease of use
    Sola
    Chloe
    Tashia
    Valen
    flirt
    Tactics
    fix packs

thanks!

2. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I've never trie changing into the Slayer at that point but it is obvious that this may be a *bug*

LOL... of course it is...duh!

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Definitely a bug. No idea how to fix, or what may be causing it though, as I've never had it happen with any special ability.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Yeah, you should be able to change into the slayer at will from the point you recieve the ability on. Definately a bug.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You could pretty much rule out the NPC mods. I seem to recall that Tactics (or is it Ascension) does something with the Slayer, so it upgrades as you increase in levels. I have both and can't remember which it was.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When you say you have fixpacks installed, does this include the official patch? If not, you should definitely do that (although it may not help your current game; also, I'm not sure if installing it over mods or other fixpacks would create problems).

(@Zephyr Angel - how nice of you to give a newcomer (and who's playing the game for the first time) such a warm welcome.)

7. kidragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks for the replies.

Yes i installed the original patches first, then installed the fix pack from baldurdash.

I am simultaneously playing two parties and in both cases, the same thing happens, i basically lose the ability to change into a slayer after i use it once.

Curious, guess I will have to check the fix pack documentation and the ease of use documentation

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Bard: Ascension makes the Slayer improve every 2 million XP. However, I've never had any problem with not being able to use the ability even with Ascension installed. Besides, the mod isn't on the list of things kidragon has installed, so it's ruled out anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.