1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's in YOUR party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My current party is (damn I play this game too much! haha!).

Keldorn - Two-Handed Sword (deerrr!)

Legolas (my imagination was dry.. so shoot me! :p ) archer - Longbow

Anomen - Mace / Shield

Jahiera - Scimitar / Shield

Yoshimo (Imoen after a certain event) - Shortbow

Nalia - Shortbow

Not the strongest party in the history of BG2, but I was trying a few things out :)

2. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Me Elven Ranger Dual with Long Sw,Scimitar,Katanas

Imoen(Yoshimo)
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Viconia
    Keldorn

Imoen - Great MAge/Thief combination + shes my sis. :)
    Jaheira - To heal other memebers,i let her memorize healing spells :)
    Mins - Frontline tank + he's funny cause hes Young,Strong (and a bit stupid :) )
    Viconia - Best clerci + she pretty to romance her + you can make her change alligment
    Keldorn - HOLY AVENGER +5 is reason enough :)
    P.S. I pick up Keldorn and Viconia last, before that i use all other Npc so i can do theri quests
    PS WEll i like to play with good parties, so i've never played as evil, and i dont think i ever will.Its fun sometimes, but thats not me...

3. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My current party, playing on hard core (no reloads) core rules:

Me (Monk)
    Minsc
    Jahiera
    Aerie
    Kelsey
    Jan

People who have been chunked: Yoshimo, Edwin, Anomen, may they all RIP.

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Human Beserker[9]/Thief[x] Dual weilding Celestial Fury and LongSwords or Daggers.

Keldron (All Two handed Swords and Halberds)
    Korgan (Dual weilding Axes & Hammers)
    Viconia (Clubs & Sling)
    Jaheira (Staffs & Slings)
    Edwin -> Imoen (Short Bow & Short Sword)

Keldron I picked at level 8, Korgan & Edwin at level 11.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I just started a new game last night, and I'm going for a combo I've never had before:

PC (male undead hunter)
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Jan
    Aerie
    Valygar

Of that list, Minsc and Jan are the only two that regularly make my parties. I've never had Valygar all the way through to ToB, so I decided to give him a try.

6. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    PC Jester
    Jan
    Haer' dalis
    Viconia

I'm trying to see the potentials of Jan when comboed with Haer' dalis, and so far Assassination at 8 attacks per round with only Tensor's Transformation has been decent, at best. I'll be trying EBS comboes later on, but atm that would be overkill.
    So far Jan has been performing as expected (which is bad, since my expectations are low) so I'm switching priorities over and trying different item comboes.
    The reason for taking Jan along shouldn't just border on him being the only long-term, decent thief or that his personality's interesting, and I'm trying to find out how that can be so.

7. FunkyJohn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

PC Sorcerer (offensive machine, primary mage)
    Imoen (secondary mage/thief)
    Sarevok (godly melee character)
    Minsc (good at taking hits, couldn't live without his comments)
    Jaheira (romance plot, plus good all-around with combat and druid abilities)
    Keldorn (free action, dispel magic and true sight are invaluable, good melee too)

I find this party to be a good balance between magic and muscle, with only a few weaknesses. (Jaheira can't learn a few important cleric spells, Imoen is a good thief in some ways, awful in others)

8. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Protagonist Carstenfalar Half-elf Fighter/Mage
    Keldorn (tank)
    Imoen (thief and mage)
    Sarevok (brother and tank)
    Aerie (healer and romance)
    Minsc (Minsc... is Minsc)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.