1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

changing alignments?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by fyernine, Sep 8, 2002.

1. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

So I didn't notice that by taking Black Razor my alignment got shifted to Neutral evil.

Is there anyway to shift it back in ToB or do I have to replay the end of SoA and restart ToB.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think you have to redo the end of SoA

Sowwy

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    My alignment always changes to NE. Is that because of any evil choice you've made or just because of the sword? It doesn't matter really if you are NE it doesn't stop you from doing good (or bad) in any way.

4. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Not sure about other game decisions but if you choose any evil choice in Hell, your alignment shifts to NE. I have not seen, nor have I heard of, any way to change your alignment back. Course, there is the helm of opposite alignment... :hmm:

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You can change your alignment back only by editing the saved game with ShadowCheater or some other savegame editor that can delete effects "stuck" on your hero. There is no story option to do it.

The Helm of Opposite Alignment is casted out of the game because it would cause more bugs. You may get that item again only by cheating.

If only ONE of your choices is "evil", you'll end up as NE. Even if you were CE or LE character, which is a bug in such case.

In SoA without ToB you could pickpocket genie for BlackRazor and that would not be judged as evil action although the designer specifically said it should have been declared as taking an evil path. I'm unsure if this is fixed in ToB patch.

What do you need Blackrazor for anyway? I thought everyone fallen in love with Carsomyr except me. I always sold that sword noone in my party could use (yea, I killed Keldorn). But even I didn't want Blackrazor. Seems as it would be too easy to play with it. And no challenge = no fun.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't believe that helm of opposite al. works. There is nothing to change in Shadow Keeper (it still reads whatever alignment you had before). And nothing else I tried works either. And like I said sooner nothing is wrong with being NE. It doesn't IIRC influence any actions you make though it limits you on using items that can't be used by evil char (but that works vice versa too).

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

You need to delete certain effects (wrongly called "affects" in ShadowCheater) from your hero.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic, but I also didn't want to start a new one so similar to this one. here are several alignment questions:

1: At what point do you lose the Helm of Alignment change? For that matter, I forgot, where do you find the blasted thing in SoA?

2: Is it possible to take keldorn to a Fallen Paladin or either of the rangers to Fallen Ranger? IIRC, I experimented and took my rep to about 1, and while my PC lost his status, the others in my group didn't lose anything.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1. You don't. The only way to get it without creating it from the console is in ToSC, and even there it's more of an easter egg than anything else.

10. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm surprised that Keldorn and/or Minsc remained in your party. Both should have left once your rep dropped to 3, if for no other reason than to prevent becoming fallen. If your party is mostly neutral characters, and your rep is that low, they will complain but not leave. Evil characters are almost giddy with a low rep. Good characters react to low rep much like evil characters react to high rep -- they will leave the group.

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

My experience with people leaving is that it takes them a little while to do so -- I started killing random innocents as an experiment, and my good characters got angry, but they didn't leave until I switched areas. Even after killing several innocents and dropping my reputation to one, neither Minsc nor Keldorn was fallen (although my poor Undead Slayer was!)

12. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Silly people, lol, of course you can. Find that belt that changes your alignment or(preferably) cheat it in if you have the Strategy guide. Simply put it on and you will be a good character again.

13. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Actually, the belt changes your gender, not your alignment. Unless you have a mod I haven't seen...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.