1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Should I trust Sarevok?!?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by NAZAR, Aug 19, 2001.

1. NAZAR Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I Just got ToB and I am unsure whether to trust him. I am a Paladin with Minsc,Nalia,Jaheira, Ariee and Imoen in My Party and am Unsure even if i do trust him who should i ditch? They are all at their top level and cant get anybetter then they already are. That was in SoA but since ToB Gives you extra levels i am Unsure of Who should i Ditch. I was Thinking Nalia. Any Help would help.

NAZAR 17th Level Paladin

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

drop Nalia, get Sarevok. You can make him swear an oath if you dont trust him. Though I trust him as my brother of the sword, even though I'm evil

3. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

SPOILER
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Maybe it's better that you don't make him swear an oath, because later his alignment might change, if you treat him...well, good. But the whole possibility of alignment-switching will only be open if you don't make him swear the oath at the beggining...

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You're a paladin running around with a good party, why should you trust a chaotic evil bhaalspawn who tried to kill you and make war between Amn and Baldur's Gate? (I don't care how tough he is, my good parties won't include him.)

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

sarevok is well worth the investment - you'll come to realise this when he's the last person remaining in your group after a massive demogorgon fight

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Or then it goes the other way around and he's the first one who dies... And the only one. (Ok, so Korgan died in that fight too, but that's not the point.) Anyway, what's the point of only one npc remaining alive if the protagonist is dead?

7. All Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Take Sarevok and ditch Nalia. Sarevok is simply the best NPC in the entire game. Evil NPC's are not good because they are better than good NPC's.

My Party

Viconia - Awesome Cleric has huge number of spells

Edwin - Awesome Mage has 4 level 9 spells at level 18.

Sarevok - Awesome Fighter with the best stats.

Korgan - Awesome Fighter with all of Hit Points.

Me - A Undead Hunter.

Evil is good, evil is your friend, evil is better than good. Evil is AWESOME!

8. Dragoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Take him at once and kick out Nalia. He's an awesome fighter and never btrayed me even though my party was good-aligned. Now I'm giving evil a try and it feels good - my chars finally got spines :) Anyway from time to time Sarevok deals 200damage to his opponents and it seems more frequent as he gains levels.

9. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Bah,. Hes a paladin for crying out loud! Thus, he shouldn't have any evil align person in his party despite their power/abilities.

10. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

he can still remain a paladin because he will be changing Sarevok's alignment anyway.. he can try i mean

11. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I say get rid of Nalia and dual-class Sarevok to thief...if you're not a thief yourself. He may not be of very much use for a while, except for the occasional backstab, but when he reaches the higher levels...
    Anyway, that's what I did.

As for his alignment, force him to serve good, and ignore his complaints. Better let evil do good things than remain dead.
    His alignment didn't change, but my did, so I ended up playing a neutral-evil beastmaster.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.