1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Please help. Game progress stuck (some spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by moran1, May 21, 2004.

1. moran1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanks in advance for any help. This is not my first time through ToB. I cannot enter the monestary. I have completed Sendai and Abazigal as well as the follow-up challenges in the pocket plane. But when I go back to town, the mercenaries do not attack me, the two citizens who are supposed to help me get to Baltazar will not talk to me. Saemon s no where to be found. It seems like the game forgot to load the next episode. Any thoughts?

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Have you done the Malla quest as well? Where you have to fight the lich in the Graveyard? If you have, then I have no idea about what the problem could be. Perhaps, if you gave us more details regarding any mods etc you have installed which might be causing problems...??

3. moran1 Gems: 1/31

Nothing added. It is stock ToB and I have completed the game before. I don't want to re-install the game if it means losing this game, which is over 90% done.

I'm not sure who Malla is. I did fight a lich in town in a side tomb (the one with the skelton archers with fire arrows), and also one in Sendai's enclave (after the spider tunnel).

One thing: after I killed Abazigal I think there is supposed to be a cut-scene with Baltazar and Mellisan, but it never ran either. But the battle with the Cyric assassins ran fine.

4. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I may be wrong on this but I believe that one of the guards outside the gates caries a key. I usually go with Seamon and then slaughter everything on my way out but it should be there all the time.

5. moran1 Gems: 1/31

Fixed it (kinda). I just Shadowkeeper'ed in the monestary gate key. Everything seems back on track.

6. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Restoring Malla has nothing to do with getting into the monastary. In order to restore her you either had to give her back her soul (an ioun stone shaped like a star sapphire) or give it to Marlowe (her father -- if he isn't killed during the fight with the lich).

For Sendai and Abizigal -- regardless of which you killed second, the cutscene should have happened immediately at it is part of their "dying words". Not sure just how that would keep you from moving ahead as it just gives you a bit of insight into Melissan and her deceiving you. Did you speak with Elminster as you exited the enclave? That may have something to do with Saemon not appearing as he mentions something about him.

Regarding the adventurerers who have the key to the monastary, they will not talk to you until you have spoken with Saemon. While I don't think it's even possible, you didn't happen to kill Saemon in Amkethran did you? When you entered the smuggler's guild, there should have been a short transition and then he appears, 1/2 blaming you for his problems.

In the pocket plane, did Solar summon Yaga Shura? It's him that actually reveals that Melissan isn't who she claims to be as well as reveal Balthazar as one of The Five. That could be another reason why Balthazar wouldn't speak with you.

Since you've already SK'd in the key, this is probably moot but it's something to look back on to see what you may have overlooked.

7. moran1 Gems: 1/31

I DID kill Saemon on the boat to spellhold, the bastard, back in SoA, but even so the two citizens in the home still would not talk to me to get me into the monestary.

I never saw Elminster either. Still, it is okay now, but this glitch may appear again. It may have something to do with killing Abazigal with a Shapechanged Mindflayer during a Timestop, but maybe not. Whatever, I've moved on.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yep, that'll do it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.