1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finch NPC for Tutu Released

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jcompton, Mar 6, 2005.

1. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Finch, a new NPC for BG1Tutu, has been released.

Finch is a neutral good, gnome cleric of Deneir. Finch comes with a bookbag, perfect for keeping those precious scrolls and volumes safe, and she wears glasses that allow her a burst of inspiration in identifying items.

Finch Bloomwhiffler is quick to enthuse about stories she has read, libraries she has visited and tomes that she has had the honor to copy, but for all her knowledge, Finch has never truly experienced a life of adventure outside the pages of a book until you encounter her. (You can meet Finch during the Prologue at Candlekeep before you depart with Gorion, and she is joinable in Beregost.) Finch wavers between trepidation and enthusiasm at each new turn, keeping her quill ever at the ready.

She is a hero, and she is a librarian! Check her out!
    Finch Homepage
    Finch Forum

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Finch seems like a wonderful NPC. I think I'd love to have her in my party!

3. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Shouldn't this be in the BG1 forum? :hmm:

What are her stats?
    I clicked on all the links and I couldn't find them.
    :confused:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, considering it's a BG1-only component of Tutu it'd be more fitting there, yes, but generally Tutu threads should be in the ToB forum since they tend to have the aspect of going all the way to ToB. Still, no point in breaking the pattern for one exception, everyone interested will see it here anyway.

5. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

Hmm? Tutu mods won't ever touch ToB, since you can't play ToB with Tutu installed. Or am I misunderstanding?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Huh? You can't play ToB with Tutu installed? This directly contradicts what's written on the Tutu homepage: "Throne of Bhaal is supported but not required.". There are even notes about installing the ToB patch in the readme. So what gives?

7. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

You can install ToB and the ToB patch prior to Tutu, and that allows you the enhancements of the ToB engine (tab key, wild mage, etc.). You can't access any of the SoA or ToB content, however.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, well... you learn something new every day. I thought all this time Tutu allowed you to go from BG1 to BG2 area-wise as well. :doh:

Still, doesn't really change anything in terms of where threads should be, I guess. It's a pretty arbitrary decision between having them in the BG1 forum because of the areas, or in the ToB forum because of the changes the (possible) installation of ToB brings along. Considering the majority of people have ToB by now, having it all here in the ToB forum and not mixing BG2/ToB content into the BG1 forum makes sense.

9. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

So, what would you prefer for the future? Here?

10. Taluntain

Media:
  11. Ban'Darlae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Actually, you can play TOB with Tutu installed. You have to choose between BG with BG2 engine or TOB. It's the Shadows of Amn part you can't play anymore.

12. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

No, the Tutu fixpack disables the ToB button as part of the core fixes.

13. jcompton Gems: 9/31

...for the record, yes, I thought I was just doing what Tal had said to do.

14. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] It's my fault. :o

I'm ignorant about TuTu (if that's what it's called).

I just saw "Beregost" and said to myself... BG1?
    :doh:

What are her stats btw?

The six prime figures and what spells/special skills does she have?

:confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.