1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Party of the little people

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Felinoid, Sep 13, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm reading it. /me pats you on head Haven't caught up on things tonight because the modem went pud again. Bad modem; no cookie for you!

EDIT: Finally got finished with chapter 1. I can't believe you iced Aerie like that. I guess that means Averial elves are too tall for your party. :lol: Goo sounds promising. I wasn't too hepped up on him as a mod NPC, but so far he sounds strange yet amusing.

[ November 22, 2005, 00:44: Message edited by: kuemper ]

2. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i'm reading your story, too, fel, but just as a lurker, didn't comment on it yet, but here it goes: it's awesome! keep up the good work, i'll be reading it all, no doubt, and i'll enjoy every single line. wanna know why? because i'd like to do something like that one day, but i won't have to, as you're already doing it :D

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I too find it quite amusing. You sure do some nice cliffhangers :D

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I just read part 2 of the chapter 1. Great way to handle Korgan into the fold. :thumb:

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Thanks all for the kind words, and keep 'em comin'! Part Three is now up, and Part Four nearly finished for Wednesday.

:lol: Oh yeah, Aerie was doomed from the beginning. Her association with Quayle would probably have been enough for a Tiax PC to kill her, and being associated with the 'fake' Quayle was plenty for mine. :evil: This has gotten me to thinking, though, about what I'm going to do to the other romance NPCs; expect much diabolicalness. :shake:

That's all me, baby. :cool: Everything Goo says and does is stuff I made up, including his animal rights activist 'tude.

Goo is actually more like Kagain was in BG1, but with even less talking. 17 STR, 12 DEX, 20 CON, 15 INT, 9 WIS, and 4 CHA. He's only got one banter (completely unvoiced) with Jan which I used to help craft some of his lines in Chapter One (all that Grrgl stuff), and his soundset is all growls and gurgles with the occasional deep-voiced "Goo hears your words." It's a little buggy with Alora too, sometimes he'll give me an unvoiced line from a Korgan-Alora banter when I tell him to do something. :shake:

The profs are also pretty buggy, giving him ** in daggers at fifth level (the only way he can be when you join) and then ending up with zero when you level up, forcing you to put the * you get at sixth level into dagger just to have him proficient with his mouth. I naturally SK'd his profs back in. :grin: The only really cool thing about him (aside from the stat-based regen being quite handy) is his mouth, which has some funky effects:

+2 dagger with an enchantment value of +5 (could hit kangaxx :D )
    15% chance of an extra 1d4 damage of type A
    15% chance of an extra 2d4 damage of type A & B
    30% chance of an extra 3d4 damage of type A, B, & C, plus stun (save vs. BW at +1 for only 2d4 damage A&B with no stun)
    15% chance of an extra 2d4 damage of type B & C plus stun (save vs. BW at +1 for only 1d4 damage of type B and no stun)
    15% chance of an extra 1d4 damage of type C plus stun (save vs. BW at +1 for no damage or stun)
    8% chance of normal damage
    2% chance of (what I believe is) save vs. death or render unconscious

The downside is that he doesn't get specialization bonuses for any other daggers; I tried the DoV when I "received it from Alora", and I got bupkiss. :nolike: I sincerely doubt he has any interjections, either.

I'm just sayin' what everyone's thinkin' m'dear. ;)

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:( And Goo sounded so promising...

This means you're a better writer than you think, Fel.

7. Felinoid

Part Four is up and someone else gets iced. :evil: We also see a burgeoning...something between a couple of the characters (haven't really decided what yet), not to mention a little more of what happened while Quayle was away.

Let's see:
    -All of the "import" items are now in except for the 'mystery' item
    -Ribald's Ring of Regeneration will be sticking to Korgan like glue, simply because I can't imagine Kagain without regen.
    -Though I couldn't find a way to put it in, I gave Kagain's old Helm of Balduran (found in ID) back to Korgan so he'll have both Balduran artifacts.
    -I've had Jan since Part Three, but he only shows up in the story at the end of Part Five (nearly finished).
    -Rayic was surprisingly easy because Korgan's Stonefire axe managed to disrupt his spells with its elemental damage. I also tried fighting the Spectral Harpists, but those things are f***in' hard at that point in the game, so I just wussed out and grabbed the necklace.

More on Friday guaranteed. :banana:
    @Beren: Don't worry, I'm sure the Harpers can just recall her; it's not like I removed any organs or poisoned her or anything.

8. Felinoid

Part Five is up and there's yet more icing on the cake. :evil: It's not easy going after the shadows and such first to prevent level drain (especially when shadow fiends can paralyze/hold you), but I've managed to get through so far without a single level drain or even resting since the beginning of the game. Korgan and Goo take all the damage, and their regen and potions take care of that.

I stopped off at WK before heading to Umar Hills (Korgan actually complained that we should be going straight there :whoa: ) and grabbed Quiver, Case, Crimson Dart (Goo can spit now :grin: ), and other goodies from the first level. Managed to sneak past the Vampiric Mists (the ones who always know where you are and can see through any illusion or even stealth&Non-Detection via script) by leaving Quayle near the entryway. Apparently "Player1" is what they're gunning for when they can't see you, so they must have just been butting their misty heads up against that big door the whole time we were in there. :lol:

You can pretty much guess what Part Six will be ( :spin: ), and I hope to get Mazzy in Part Seven if something else doesn't come up first. The Sling of Everard is next on my buying list, and hopefully I'll have enough money & Stuff O' Selling by the end of Part Six that I can buy it and head straight to Mazzy.

P.S. Chapter Two looks to be getting long, but I think it'll be done late next week. And in Chapter Three, Anomen better watch out. :evil: :mommy:

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Wha-what are you planning? :mommy: Make it gruesome or have him fail a save, like in the game. More please. :book:

10. Shaitan

Can't wait for the next episode :D

11. Cantlos Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hey Fel, I really liked the entire story. Especially the part about giving the belt of genderbender to the gnome. Is this possible in the game? It would surely be good for a laugh...

12. Felinoid

:shake: No, but it was something I always wanted to do. There are so many people you wish you could humiliate like this, but it only fit really well with Landrin. Besides, it gave me a reason to kill her for the rep loss, because I was getting up there and didn't want to lose Kagain and Monty.

I managed to get Part Six up before I left school, but I didn't have any time to post until I got home. Valygar is dead now, and despite the way it sounds in the story, I just iced him and opened the Sphere with his body. I tried giving the body to Tolgerias and then pickpocketing it back off of him before he disappeared, but it didn't work because apparently the dialog script destroys the body rather than transfers it. I had to reload and just snub him. :nolike:

I discovered an ally in the Sphere as well when I accidentally lured Lavok back to where the Guardian Golem was and watched it pound on him. :lol: I was just going to wait in the room until his spell defenses dropped and go back to fight, but after Lavok followed me I couldn't help laughing as the golem beat the Stoneskin off of him while he just stood there.

It looks like Chapter Two is going to be an eight-parter, and Anomen's fate will be revealed in Part One of Chapter Three (next Monday if I can keep up the pace, next Wednesday if I have to skip an update). I've already played past that point, so now I'm writing to catch up and not playing much, substituting my BoM party if I really feel the need. Mazzy's not quite what I expected, but hopefully she'll grow on me.

13. Felinoid

Sorry about missing Wednesday, but my muse has been quiet of late. :nolike: Part Seven is up now, but I'm having a little trouble with resolving the conflict started at the end of it as I try to get started on Part Eight. :help:

Inside info for this part is pretty basic. We did all the sidequests in Umar Hills on our trip to pick up Valygar's body, and just headed straight for the Temple Ruins from Athkatla after the Sphere. Goo's spitting is the Crimson Dart (an RP brainstorm, if I do say so myself). Between the Sling of Everard, the Quiver of Plenty, the Case of Plenty, and the Crimson Dart, I've got four archers able to hit 'immune' creatures; and Korgan is of course attacking first and axe-ing ( :hahaerr: ) questions later, as my main tank.

14. Felinoid

W00t! Chapter Two is finally finis! :banana:

Well, kind of. I'm considering asking Ghreyfain's permission to include the Jan/Goo banter in Part Seven because it's just so damn funny, but I wouldn't know how to get ahold of him. :( Anybody know who he is?

On a brighter note, the group is now complete; everyone's knees will be mine! (Especially Anomen's... :evil: )

15. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Ghreyfain hangs out at the Pocket Plane Group. Alternatively, his e-mail and suchlike should be somewhere in the Goo readme.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

rotflmao

*applause*

I love it! Glad to see those 2 coming to grips with themselves. :lol:

17. Felinoid

Hehe. A life with Nalia is a fate worse than death. :evil: Part Two is up now, and it looks like they'll be in Athkatla a while longer. I'll be doing the bridge district quests before I take out Bodhi, and I may even head to Trademeet too if I need some time to expire for my stronghold quest.

BTW, the items I picked off of Lavok's body back in Quayle 2:2:6 (that looks almost biblical :hahaerr: ) were the Ring of Acuity and the items I'll get from the stronghold: Wand of the Apprenti, ADHW scroll, and the Ring of Wizardy. The RoW is my final import item, and will go toward making Jan a more powerful wizard along with the RoA; in the game, I'll just tell my apprentices not to do anything for the final task to get the experience. :D

But fear not, as I have not spoiled all of Chapter Three's plot for you; expect a number of surprises, including one old face coming back to make a reappearance. (I just love making this stuff up; I don't think I'd be having nearly as much fun with this run-through if I weren't changing it to suit my needs. :grin: )

18. Shaitan

You sure know how to make it a christmas suspense worth waiting for :D

19. Felinoid

Part three is up, and the time has come to reveal the name...but I don't wanna. :p Besides, I decided not to go to Trademeet just yet, and Part Four (which I will be back to post sometime around 1/17) would end up being pretty boring without a little holiday suspense. :D

I did the Planar Prison quest, and now Mazzy is kicking some serious a$$ dual-wielding with Kundane and 18/00 strength thanks to the GoOP (gotten elsewhere). I'm using her a little like a kensai with the Boots of Speed, and she's slicing everyone up with 5 attacks a round while Korgan (or sometimes Goo) takes the damage as the tank. :evil:

Oh, and I hope you like how I included all the bit players of the skinner quest. Faraji the urchin is dead, as is Rampah the beggar, and Rose is the woman crying. And of course I portrayed the moronic Aegisfield how he truly is. (I mean, how much of a leap is it to connect the two things? :rolleyes: )

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Felinoid, you're despicable! :skeptic: :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.