1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keeping Drow equipment after Underdark?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rockem sockem robots, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Rockem sockem robots Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ok i've dun the search and looked through a few ideas off the guides and the best one so far, is leave all you'er equipment on a char and make them leave party(they say to leave it with jeheira, but seeing as how i hate her and i don't have her in my party :( )would anyone know if it would work with anyone else?

does anyone else have anther way to get drow amour from the underdark?

and is thier a code to type in console for me to make the drow equipment :) ?

[ June 01, 2005, 20:03: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is apparently the human chain technique where you immediately pause the game on exiting the Underdark and then drop the drow items to the ground. You then move your characters to form a chain and then, while paused, pick up the drow items and pass them along the chain. Have the last character at the edge of the area drop the drow equipment, gather your party, pause, pick up drow stuff, select to move your party out of the area and then unpause.

I have never tried it myself but it seems like a lot of work given that there are other areas that destroy drow gear.

The console codes are

DWBLUN01 - Drow Flail +3
    DWBOLT01 - Drow Bolt of Sleep
    DWBOLT02 - Drow Bolt of Stunning
    DWBOLT03 - Drow Bolt +1
    DWCHAN01 - Drow Elven Chain +3
    DWCHAN02 - Drow Adamantine Chain +5
    DWCLCK01 - Drow Piwafwi Cloak
    DWDUST - Adamantine Dust
    DWHALB01 - Drow Halberd +3
    DWPLAT01 - Drow Full Plate +5
    DWSHLD01 - Drow Shield +3
    DWSPER01 - Drow Lance +3
    DWSW1H01 - Drow Scimitar +3
    DWSW1H02 - Drow Longsword +3
    DWXBOW01 - Drow Crossbow of Speed

3. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i tried it (thanks to Dan Simpson's Walkthru). human chain works and actually not many areas check for drow equipment (iirc only 2, where you exit Underdark and at the beginning of ToB). it's not that hard jsut one drop and pick is enough.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The area outside Sendai's lair has a similar check too. I thought there were a couple of other areas (Drizzt's possibly?) but I have never really tried to keep Drow items outside of the Underdark so I really can't say.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Yup. Drizzt's meeting always checks for Drow stuff. Also when that Harpell guy shows up. THere is atleast one more in SoA itself.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It kind of sucks that you lose the drow equipment. The armour and the scimitars are pretty neat.

7. Rockem sockem robots Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

thankz alot for the feed back :)

i think i'll just type the items into console when i step out of underdark seeing how i can't be #@$@#
    chain poeple lol,( i've read that idea as well)

does anyone know if you remove any other party member it still works?

8. Shrikant

It works regardless of who you kick. If your source is the same as mine, the author just wasn't very impressed with Jaheira. That was the reason she was named.

You have a fight with the Gith ahead of you after the meeting with Drizzt. So whomever you kick out of your party, you had better be prepared for the fight without them.
    Unless your stop is the slums and you told that charecter to waitfor you in the CC. Just run into the CC and dont bother countering the Gith. Then you can quickly have that char rejoin you.

9. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

give everything to Jaheira, and kick her out. she will go to harper hold. then get her back.

10. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think there is another exploit involving ferrets. No seriously, a ferret familiar can pick-pocket a party member with the item(s) you want to keep, then wait until you've cleared the Underdark Exit (I think the aboveground area of Sendai's enclave checks it too) to as the familiar to give you what it stole. The check does not look at the familiar's inventory. This may be patched in some fix-pack/mods.

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

While I like a lot of the Drow gear, it isn't really all that good -- at least, not good enough to be worth all that hassle. I prefer to sell every last bit of it to get some of the stuff you CAN get out of the salespeople in the Drow city, or stash it with the role playing idea that you would come back for it later.

12. Shrikant

Ferrets have a carrying capasity of 2 items. Unexplicable as inventory ever works in BG II, weight and size dont seem to matter, 2 of anything and its full.

13. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

and also, stuff them in bag of holding.

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

No...keeping them in Bag of Holding doesn't work.

Just happened to me today. I had these cool Longsword +3 for my PC in my Bag of Holding. When I finished talking with Elhan, it was dust.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.