1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost my amulet

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by StressedE, Nov 23, 2001.

1. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] possible [spoilers]

Today I had a shocking discovery.
    I finished all the quests in and round Athkalla I know of. My party is half way through the underdark. I killed the beholders, and the mind flawers. I was going to the prince section.

I just discovered I am missing the amulet aran linvail gives you. I still had it in spellhold, so if I leave the underdark I won't be able to go back looking for it.
    Maybe it fell on the ground cus someone cast earthquake. I dunno possibly my comp just ate it. I really love that amulet so I feel like uninstalling the game out of frustration :(.

Also suddenly my cloak of mirroring doesn't reflect beholder attacks since ToB is installed, did they edit that? It does however make you immune to their damage.

2. Brightblade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

the cloak cof mirroring did change with tob. to put it back the way it was. go into your override folder and delete the file clck26.itm. that will make it like the original. about the amulet. that is IMHO the best amulet in the game. If the game ate it, you can cheat to get it back but only do thata if it feels worth it to you.

3. Demonater351 Guest

Aye, if it was eaten, then the only way to get another one is to spawn one with the CLUAConsole:CreateItem cheat. There's also a topic elsewhere on the forum about items mysteriously going AWOL, you might want to check into it.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Installation of ToB over SoA is not a good idea while you're in the middle of the game. The effects (bugs) are probably never completely detected from that joining.
    But please, if some bug occurs while ToB is installed, do post your question in ToB forum whatever area you're currently on.

I never wanted to know that Cloak of Mirroring is changed in ToB. And I know now. Spare me such knowledge, please.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 24, 2001).]

5. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

TOB minor Spoilers.
    Yes, the clock of mirroring is sadly only a poor imitation now. Balduran's shield is still as good though.

I have never lost an item, except due to it being dropped because of a full inventory and being given something. Lost a gembag, noticed it missing and found lying on the floor a little way back.
    Once my familar was displaced from my inventory due to the same thing, I managed to pick it back up though, that really surprised me.

Lots of people seem to have lost items, reading messages on this board, I wonder whether the full inventory trick is the issue.

Sometimes its hard to see things on the ground. I always make a habit of pressing tab now when I have been given something and am moving on.

Cheat the item back in if you can't manage without it. (it is very useful ;) )

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 24, 2001).]

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

bah! they shoulda renamed it to cloak of spell deflection. thats all it does now anyway... is there any way to get rid of the "spell deflection" effect. it's so flashy it bothers me

7. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Thanks Brightblade, I'll try that.

Sorry E, but I didn't know that counted as ToB spoiler...
    I'll try to not do it again.
    I'm just affraid that if I post on the ToB forum I'll discover loadsa things I don't yet wanna know, considering I have not gotten to the new maps yet.
    I actually re-installed windows right before installing ToB, and then started a new game. I didn't install it in the middle of a game.

wittynewt, it couldn't have been because of full inventory, because I was wearing it.

[Edit] sigh I've been fighting it so long, but I guess I'll have to enable debug mode and cheats now :( [/edit]

[This message has been edited by StressedE (edited November 24, 2001).]

8. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

good point stressed E. :)

Cheers,

WittyNewt

9. void Guest

In my opinion you have been wrongly done by and you should cheat it back, there is nothing more useful to a mage (other than the robe of vecna) or even more so a fighter/mage.

Cheers, VOid

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yeah, I didn't like that either. I can live without it reflecting them back, my main concern is instead of a little blue ring around the feet, you have a big bubble that totally blocks out view of your character. I kinda like to see my fighter/mage hack open a Pit Fiend with his long swords, instead of a big bubble, don't you agree?

Also the robe of vecna is all multi colored now. Not as big of a problem since I always have stoneskin on anyway. I guess it fits in with a Wild Mage, but not with my character.

The tab highlight feature is really useful, and saves a lot of time. I'm finding a lot of stuff I never noticed before.

11. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Umm...isn't this the ToB forum then?

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yes it is. Ten marks there for observance Kingsgambit.

Suprisingly enough, Extremist isn't crazy. This was moved from the SoA forum to the ToB forum, because it contained information about ToB.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited December 22, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.