1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Voice actors

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dragon's Jewel, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I know this is such an inconsequential thing, but it really threw me for just a second, and I had to share.
    You know the voice actor for Minsc? I actually don't know his name myself, so if anyone else does, it would solve that conundrum for me. Anyway, I was watching Curious George with my daughter, and I heard that same voice actor's voice coming out of the mouth of an ice cream maker! It was just... weird!

Edit: It's Jim Cummings, and not only did he voice Minsc, he also voiced.... Gorion. Weeeeiiiiird.

[ October 12, 2006, 00:49: Message edited by: Dragon's Jewel ]

2. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

His name is Jim Cummings and is a voice actor who has done quite a bit of work :)

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did the voice of Keldorn.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Splunge, YOU are the voice of Keldorn? Really? :eek: That's so cool!

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No, Splunge was just the model for the Keldorn portrait.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Heh, if he did the voice of Keldorn that would also mean that Splunge did the voice for Mojo Jojo in the Powerpuff Girls cartoons, the telephone voice from the Scream films, a large assortment of imperial voices for several Star Wars game, and the usual huge assortment of misc. credits that voice actors seem to accumulate.

7. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Check Wikipedia if you want info about the voice actors

8. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i just remember flipping through the TV channels and hearing something along the line of "Moosk will be free". Turns out somebody behind the kids cartoon "Codename: kids next door" must love the BG series since they had jim cummings come in a basically redo minsc for this character, "Moosk", in one of the episodes. Heck, his animation was basically minsc with a mustache and missing a hamster.

9. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

actually check www.imdb.com you can find a lot of voice actors for games there, including baldurs gate

10. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

I did an imdb check and Minsc is also... Darkwing Duck. I think my brain may very well explode.

(On an off rant, my two very favourite voice actors are Simon Templeman--who voiced Kain in the Legacy of Kain series--and Michael Bell, who voiced Raziel in the same series, as well as Haer'Dalis and a host of other misc. characters in the BG series. Voice acting, gotta love it).

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    (off rant as well, mine's Cam Clarke, Kratos Aurion in Tales of Symphonia, Liquid Snake in Metal Gear..... wow :eek: and Drizzt in BG2!)

12. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

(Cam Clarke was Drizzt?! That's really cool. He also voiced Sky in Jade Empire, and I'm almost positive that he was Aran Linvail in BG2. After I played JE, I played BG2 again, and his "And incidentally? Good luck" made me do a double take.)

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @Silverstar - gotcha! :p

Yup. Even got a bikini wax for the occasion, but they kept the picture above the waist. All that pain for nuthin' :(

14. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

No, Cam Clarke is the braying bandit ("So I kicked him in the head until he was dead!") and all of BG1's default male voices ("Time for a little of the rough and tumble").

Drizzt is played by Jeff Bennett, who was also the voice of Xan.

15. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hehe the other night me and my friends were a litttttttle tipsy and started watching some kids show on tv :p Jimmy Neutron I think :D Anyway, one of the villians had the same voice as Kalah from BGII. I was just like WOW :D

16. Old Raven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think it's kind of funny that Billy West (Lehtinan and others), Tress MacNeille (Edwina and others) and Maurice LaMarche (Yoshimo, Renal Bloodscalp and others) all did voices for BgII, and then ended up starring together in Futurama as well (I love that series, I hear they're planning to make some new episodes). :)

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    Drizzt has different voice actors. In BG it's Bennet, BG2 Clarke

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Splunge, you really fooled me for a moment there...for a moment. :p

I think all voice actors have done a good job in SoA part of the game. Especially Jon's and Bodhi's are masterfully done.

Those in ToB are not that masterfully done, I think. That is my personal impression, however.

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    Yup, great voice acting, have to agree with that ToB part also, atleast for the french version of the game is... 'orrible!

20. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

For my part, I really like Melissan, Gromnir and Solar in ToB. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.