1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Demogorgon

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lethis., Mar 17, 2004.

1. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] anyone know if you get more XP or goodies for killing demogorgon?

[ March 17, 2004, 21:57: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't remember if you get any "goodies", but you do get more XP. IIRC, you get the same amount of XP as you would by reading the scroll (somewhere around 89K).

If you do not kill him, and confront the false Helmites about their deceiving you, your reputation goes up by one.

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

You get much more for killing him.

After you leave and confront the Helmites they go back in. Reading the scroll you get then gives you 89K each.

Going back in and killing him gives everyone 100K, then talking to the remaining Helmite gives you another 30K each.

Of course if you're really cheesy you can do both.

4. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

Not always. There is a dialogue option that, if chosen, the Helmites will not go back in. I think if you tell them that Demogorgon opened a small hole for you to get out, and you do not kill the Helmites, they thank you for your "mercy" and leave Watchers Keep, thus the +1 to reputation.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I always kill him. Maybe you get more XP for imprisoning him with the scroll but it always seems a really anti-climactic way of finishing things.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

You get 80k each character for stregthening the seals and imprisoning it. You get 130k each for killing it and talking to Odren. You can also get 20k each for reading the fake scroll, I believe.

I always kill it too, but I'm playing Ascension on "Hard" and I got it to Near Death, but it just stayed there. I didn't want to fight the battle over again, so I just reloaded and read the scroll.

7. david w Gems: 19/31

It took me about half a dozen attempts to beat him on Insane difficulty and I think I made it in the end more through luck than anything.

8. Lethis. Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Yeah yeah all right I wanted to know about the XP you get from different options and what you get out of them, not your gallivanting tales on insane difficulty david w :o

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    As has been said before - you get 80K each for sealing the keep, and 130K each for killing him. Mystra said it quite plainly. AFAIK, there are only three options. The two listed above, and walking away and doing nothing, which gets you 0 XP, so that's certainly not your best option...

10. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When I asked about this someone mentioned a technicality through which you could kill him AND seal the keep and manage to get it all. As I recall you take the scroll go back to Demon-boy. Drop the scroll at the portals, go kill him, come back picked up the scroll, leave and as soon as you get outside read it. As I recall that worked...

11. david w Gems: 19/31

Are you ever going to grow up and stop making these snide little comments, Lethis? What's this big problem you seem to have with me anyway? Your mommy take your dummy off you and you're feeling a bit spiteful?

Grow up.

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] @ Lethis and david w,

How many times have both of you been told not to bring personal comments directed at each other onto the message boards? Knock it off already.

13. david w Gems: 19/31

Sorry. But I'm getting just a little fed up of some toddler and his comments every time I post something.

[For the last time, you two take it to PM. The next one we see make a negative remark about the other will get the idiot plaque.] -Tal

[ March 18, 2004, 22:19: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

14. Lethis. Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] just trying to keep things on topic. I was asking about XP for demogorgon.

15. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

There's an easier way than that, Niskers. Read the scroll first, and there's still a tiny space on the final door that lets you go back in.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.