1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unseeing Eye Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Evil Dad, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was playing through a new game for the umpteenth time, but I did something different this time and I think I have screwed things up a little bit.

When talking to Gaal(sp?) instead of asking about quests I initiated an attack on the cult. I wiped the guards out and killed the beholder surprisingly easily. Trouble is, I didn't get the key for the inner chamber to the dungeon, which means I can't get all the goodies from there and I can't complete the Kangax quest either now I don't think.

Has anyone come across this before and is there a way around this problem.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have never done that personally so I can't help with a proper solution but the latest updates of the ease of use mod include a component that allows you to open all of the locked doors/chests in the game.

3. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

Thanks. I know I could use a console cheat to create the key, but I'd rather do it legit if I can.

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

That is how it works.

If you pick a fight with Gaal, the beholder comes up to find you. The quest is supposed to be over and you can report back to the priest that it was a beholder cult which you have taken care of.

Thus the game doesn't expect you to get any goodies for being a dimwitted bar-room brawler.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

So this means I can't complete the Kangax quest then? Hmmm, maybe I need to be a little bit more understanding in the future. What if I pick-pocket Gaal then smack him around?

Is there any reprisals later in the game for wiping out the temples of Lathander and Talos. I got a bit carried away there as well, after I got caught stealing. At least the temple of Helm is still there so I can go back and get my reward.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

How did Kangaxx get into the picture?

AFAIK you can kill the guys in the temples without fear of repreisals(sp?). But none of the individual healers elsewhere in town.

What charecter are you playing anyways? Korgans meaner spirited half-brother?

7. Duryn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Two things:

Don't pick fights you shouldn't pick, and

If you are going to kill everyone before you are supposed to, make sure you loot the place first.

Perhaps you should um...kill the temple of Helm for being insolent and not letting you really finish it!

8. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

@Shrikanth: I am playing a cheerful happy-go-lucky Skald. The temples were more of a mistake, where I got carried away thieving (which rogues do) and got caught and had to fight my way out. And yes, I do have Korgan in my party!

@Duryn: I decided to try a different dialog option with Gaal, which triggered the fight. I wasn't to know this as I hadn't tried this option before. I was trying to role-play a bit and not just play a yes-sir-no-sir kind of character. I did leave the Temple of Helm standing as they did give me a reward after all.

Surely these random moments fit well with a Chaotic Neutral Bard, as the next quest I was being all heroic again.

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I seem to recall I did this before, too. IIRC, Gaal's key is in his room. Maybe not. Maybe I just reloaded and did it the old fashioned way.

10. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

Thanks for the help guys. I have given up now and moved on to Chapter 4. I have killed Kangax, but wasn't able to do the quests to get his body parts, but never mind.

I'll remember to try and do it properly next time.

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How did you kill Kangaxx without getting his body parts? I thought he wouldn't do anything until you did so.

12. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

Sorry. Got my liches muddled up - got carried away and went into the wrong building and fought the wrong lich.

13. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

lol..... kangaxx the demi lich is *so* much better than a normal one ...

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

If the key was not on his corpse when you killed him then you can never pickpocket it.

15. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

@Rastor: Good point.

Just finished the Underdark now and have to console myself with just killing normal liches. At least I didn't cheat and just create the key, but I am missing the ring a lot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.