1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cespenar

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Gunthar, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Anyone find it strange that Bhaal's former "Butler" is a two-foot tall little freak. "Ooohh, Cespenar do this, Cespenar do that....blah,blah,blah." If I was Bhaal I would have crushed that annoying imp like a bug.

2. HellSpawn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heh, I love his voice and the way he talks...

OooOOOoh!

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Quote:"two-foot tall little freak"
    This is clearly a case of heightist discrimination on the part of Gunthar. May all members of the Alliance of the undersized know of his crimes against our bretheren and ...um.... annoy him mildly with propoganda leaflets and ...er... refuse him good dwarven ale. There will come a time when, regardless of height, all inhabitants of Faerun may see eye to eye (possibly with the use of stepladders.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

So far I've found him to be amusing, I've got no problem with him. Maybe Bhaal found him amusing too. Nothing like an impish butler with a sqeaky voice.

5. Balmung Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Has anyone found that he doesn't tell you all the things he can make each time you go there? I was carrying around the starfall ore and whatever else went along with it, but he didn't tell me he could use it until about the third time I went back there after I had it.

6. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

didnt speak to me about it neither

7. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

I dunno, i love the whole runehammer speach, i almost died laughing after cespenar said that... if you havnt heard it yet.. you will cuz this hammer is sweet!

anyway its funny as hell!

8. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, he is kind of funny, and I do like his voice, but it seems sort of wrong for the former butler to the Lord of Murder.

9. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Naw, hes perfect.. every god of destruction needs a stupid brother or follower.. or something, u ever watch those old vampire movies?

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Now correct me for my ignorance if I am missing something here, but why would a god need someone to create items for him? I mean, I love the annoying little guy, and some of his lines are hilarious, but I was just wondering about that.

PS...so far the game seems way too easy in the beginning; maybe it's just me getting lucky.

11. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Why would Bhaal, Lord of Murder, stoop to doing grunt work?

Thats why he had Cespenar.

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Actually, I was wondering why he would need items anyway. Besides, he's a god. I mean, I really know nothing of D&D gods, but couldn't he just will it to happen or something if he actually needed a cloak of protection for some very odd reason.

13. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

you forget the time of troubles when he was made mortal

14. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A good point, Crawl, but Cespanar still hunted across the Abyss for the 'shiny ones' that make their way intel Hell. Likely things that Bhaal did not want others to possess.

I suppose he could have searched for them himself, but, from my reading of the ToT books, Gods are not all powerful. Sending an avatar of his consciensious out to search for the shiny ones would take time and divert his attention from other duties.

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When Bhaal killed that "annoying" Caspenar you would miss a lot of great items ;)

Gods have powers but not powers for everything, mostly they have special powers like for creating things. And gods can be very lazy also.

16. Herr'Don Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Anyway, it depends on what the god's role is. Bhaal is the god of Murder, not Mgical Items, and therefore would be able to kill people, etc not make items.

Herr'Don

17. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

is no one considering that gods like shiny ones? :D

or maybe for his loyal servants

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited June 28, 2001).]

18. shadow_thief Guest

lol :) Cespenar is so cool! I mean he's so funny when he squeaks, "Let me see if you have shiny ones! MMMM...nope...noooop...sorry you don't have shiny ones!"

19. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The funniest thing about Cespenar is he's a real person! One of the players at NWN/ALFA who is active on the Interplay boards. He normaly plays a CE mage, so to see him 'imortalised' as an imp who sounds like Yoda having a bad hair day is hilarious!

20. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Cespenar is kind of funny, if only because of the way he stretches that squeaky low self-esteem voice of his. I tell you, the guy who thought of this must be sick.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.