1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Watcher's Keep: ToB or SoA?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Saber, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Right now, I'm in chapter 6 of SoA (I would have finished, but i'm trying to work on my jaheira romance, for some reason it is reeeaaaaly screwed up), and I'm wondering: Should I do watcher's keep now, in SoA, or should I wait to do it in ToB?

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I usually start it in SoA. Depending on what level I am I may leave at some point and come back later. That is the nice thing about Watcher's Keep you can leave and come back.

3. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Depends on the perspective you play from I guess. Personally, I'd leave it to ToB, since interrupting the quest when the Prince of Demons is about to get loose would just feel wrong. On the other hand, doing say the 1st level is well within the capabilities of a chapter 6 party, and there are some worthwhile items...

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I like doing the first level or two in SoA, and the rest at the beginning of ToB.

5. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Usually I don't do more than the first level until I reach Throne of Bhaal. The challenges on the second level involve some enemies who can be pretty tough for non-Throne of Bhaal-level characters.

6. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Damn right. Apart from anything else, Demogorgon himself is nearly impossible, even at the level cap, so don't consider fighting him if you intend to finish it. before starting ToB. And those later guardians can be nasty..

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

In 90% of my games I do WK in ch3. I don't find it that difficult. And Demogorgon dies within a second (5 Spike traps :p )

8. Mr C Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was able to do it in SoA pretty easily-the only problematic battle was the set of guardians with the beholder, drow fighter and assorted demons. Demogorgan fell disappointingly easily to a couple of traps and my PC monk. 'Twas in chapter 6, though-was waiting ages for Jaheira romance, then got bored.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Watcher's Keep scales itself depending on your party. The earlier you do it, the easier it will be.

You get more experience if you do it in ToB, though.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

All of it as soon as I finish Chapter 6 requirements and before heading for Suldenesselar.

The extra XP is a big help, as are the items, when taking on Improved Irenicus.

11. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I usually leave it to TOB, althought i may do first and second level, and i almost always buy some stuff from there (great help to later game).

12. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I leave it to ToB, but I once did it just to get some nice +3/+4s

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.