1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romances and Bodhi

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the assassin, Feb 22, 2002.

1. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Will romances with Jahiera or Aerie end if you side with Bodhi at chapter 3?

2. ctl-alt-del Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The only romance you need is Viconia...cause then you get a little and even if you get a little from the drow priestess in the underdark she doesn't dump ya...

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

AFAIK, no romances end if you side with Bhodi. Th only one that I am unsure about is Aerie.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] You don't have to be unsure.

If you successfully started the romance there is no way it will be over because of siding with Bodhi.

The only thing that can destroy it from aside is:
    - party break because of too high or too low reputation
    - attacking Harpers or druids with no reason when you have a romance with Jaheira (she goes hostile - permanently)
    - not solving Jaheira curse quest in time when you have a romance with Jaheira (she dies)
    - having Keldorn and Viconia in the party till the moment Keldorn attacks her and if he kills her when you have a romance with Viconia

No, Anomen attacking Aerie won't affect it - you'll be able to resurrect her and keep her in the party again.

I said things aside!
    Phaere innuendo and Bodhi's turning your lover into vampire is part of romances.

So, please, don't spam on it.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited February 23, 2002).]

5. Corwyn Gems: 1/31

I was in a romance with Jaheira which ended for reasons unknown. None of Extremist's reasons occurred. I *thought* it was because Jaheira had died once (not from the curse) and I raised her.

According to the console, Jaheira romance is active, rating is 56, but when I enter the graveyard (chapter 6) for the fight with Bodhi's vampires, J doesn't get ... altered. Is something wrong? Does this happen later?

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

You're too early at Bodhi's.
    56 is not enough. You need to have at least 58 to get the vampirism episode.

To get 58 you need to rest somewhere.

But there is one problem - it is possible that you suffer from Jaheira Romance bug I missed to spot when the R. Guide was written.
    The so called "loop".
    It happens with some dialogs and one of the critical ones is exactly that one that starts with Jaheira's (LT-56):
    "Ah, the dawning of our day, though..."

If that is the problem, I mean, if you got that dialogue more than once, you need to force the next lovetalk from the console with:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",57)

I'm currently making a retroactive fix for the problem since the fix from Baldurdash won't solve the problem if it has already happened. I'll need at least a week for it...*shrug*

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited March 10, 2002).]

7. JustAnotherAssassin Gems: 1/31

You can also "get some" with Aerie. Unfortunately for me, when Phaere gives the invite, I didn't want to turn it down thinking that she'd get pissed and try to kill me. When the next day came Aerie said some stuff about how she didn't know me anymore, even though she was the one that said she just wanted to be friends!! Aerie hasn't spoken a word to me since. :bad:

*Sigh* Women...

8. Corwyn Gems: 1/31

Extremist:

So if I've hit the loop already - I have - then it's too late to fix it by advancing Lovetalk to 57? Because I tried that and left the game on pause for hours and nothing happened.

I also tried advancing LT all the way to 70 - nothing.

I'd be very interested if you came up with a solution. Plus, I don't really have much to kill time with as I've finished most of the quests - I can finish Yoshiro's soul and Kangaxx. I think everything else is done.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Not to 70!!! lol!

Set it on 57 and then you need to rest (press rest button) to trigger that dialog. Not to pause the game...lol

Sorry, I wasn't detailed enough up there.

10. Corwyn Gems: 1/31

Excellent, thanks. Jumped to 59, finally. Went through the Bodhi encounter and everything went as it's supposed to.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.