1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with golems

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Is there a "Guide to golem killing" or something like that out there?

How can I find out how to hurt each golem type? A lot of them are immune to my damage.

Thanks for all your help!

2. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Err well i havent checked in a while but:

Magic IIRC is non magical weapons.
    Clay is magical blunt weapons.
    Iron is any +3 weapons.
    Adamentium is either +4 or +5 weapons, I dont remember.
    Stone is any +1 weapons (not sure about that one.)
    Flesh is any piercing or slashing weapons.
    The lesser clay golems take damage to any weapon.

Thats all the golems in the game. The golem built in the planar sphere is invulnerable.

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Stone Golems are hit by +3 weapons and higher.

:edit: Actually, it might be +2 as I remember killing the ones in the Edwins quest (kill the wizard) on the second floor :confused:

4. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Bombur's Golem Killing Guide: Wand of Cloudkill.

Incidentally, the golem in the planar sphere is not invulnerable. It is, however, impervious to the attacks of the beholder that it attacks. But it darn well got killed when I was jumped by the mage hater's crew during the mage stronghold quest.

5. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

Well i remember I wanted to kill that beholder on my own and I tried to ctrl-y the golem in the planar sphere and it would just not die.

Stone might be +2, your right. Suffice to say you wont be having problems with them one way or the other. After all the first time you encounter one you should at least have the sword of chaos, among other things no doubt.

6. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Corrections are in order here.
    • Flesh golem: hit by +1 weapons or better. No special abilities. 40HP, 100% MR, cold immune, lightning heals.
    • Clay golems: damaged only my magic blunt weapons. Haste themselves so do double damage. 50HP, 100% MR, immune to cold and electricity, 50% fire resistance.
    • Stone golems: hit by +2 weapons or better. Cast slow on you prior to attacking. 60HP, 100% MR, no elemental resistances.
    • Iron golems: hit by +3 weapons or better. Breathe poison clouds (cloudkill-like effect). 80HP, 100% MR, 20% damage resistance. Immune to all elemental damage. Fire heals.
    • Adamantite golems. Identical to iron golems but have 90% damage resistance. Very nasty.
    The tactic for all golems is basically to whack them until they're no more. Clay golems are a priority because they do appalling damage. Because of the damage resistance, adamantite golems may require special treatment. A couple of helpings of lower resistance followed by cause wounds spells will be effective, as will necromatic magic such as vampiric touch. You can often fight the largest golems from a distance as they get stuck in doorways. Better still, lesser golems sometime get stuck behind them so you can kill these from a distance too. You may want to invest in the Rod Of Smiting in the Underdark as it will destroy golems if they fail their saves. Crom Faeyr kills clay and stone golems in a single blow.

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Like the man above said, the big golems can get stuck in doors. And what I found worked best with both Iron and Adamantite golems was to use the bow of Gesen and the Firetooth trowing dagger. Neither of the main damage worked, but the fire and electrical attacks whittled down his HP slowly but surely. :)

8. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Traps are a nice, slightly cheesy option as well. For pure cheese, try casting strength on golems--it reduces their strength to 18. Melf's Minute Meteors are a good magic option.

9. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You can also hurt Adamantite Golems with Tansheron's bow.

10. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

I used lilarcor to beat the golems in Nalias keep. Staff of magi works nicely if your mage has tensers or is a f/m. Warhammers are great, crom faeyr especially. Long weapons are especially useful such as two handed swords, halbreds and spears. That way you can attack them through door ways, but they cant attack you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.