1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which class did you enjoy the most?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Stardust, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

:lol: I've never played one before! It is a good experience?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I always loved mage types, Druidic Sorc was uber powerful and fun, but I have to say, Wild Mage! I am currently playing one, and spell-casting has never been so much fun and thrilling!

I try to cast a simple magic missile and oops, there it goes, a gate to summon a demon! Fun! I casted Time Stop via NRD when I was only level 13, but then again, I killed myself once, when I was wounded, tried to cast a Stoneskin to save my butt, and a cow landed on me to end my misery! Such an end to Bhaalspawn Saga! (Fourtunately, I have no qualms about reloading when neccesary. :good: )

Ahh, then I casted a Disintegrate on an Umber Hulk, only...the target was chosen randomly, my poor sorcerer Kelsey was targeted, luckily he did not blow his saving throw, but it was a close call!

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Thief - during my first run through.

4. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Paladin, I always import them from BG 1, and I just love them, I always play good, although a kensai is a good one too.
    I always prefer weapons instead of spells, so I don't have much experience with spellcasting classes

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Wild Mage! Wooot! Summoning 12 squirrels instead of a fireball is fun, especialy when the enemy charges at me when my mage (me) is still « Wtf? Squirrels?! » :lol: and get killed :shake:

Ahhh... the squirels summoning spell...

6. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I haven't played the game as a pure class wild mage, it's one of the few classes which I haven't played the eintire game with. But from what I hear here that is a huge mistake :)

7. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Any Swashbuckler based dual class.
    any 1\2 Orc pc.
    And Sorcerer!

But honestly any class-race combo or any class/kit in the game usually winds up being fun if you put yoursefl to the task of making them work.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ive got two all time favorites.

I love the Monk because they start off being a difficult class to play, but once you get the ball rolling, they are an unstoppable tank...even though they can't wear armor. Their HLAs are friggin' awesome too! :bigeyes: My favorite battle using the monk is against Balthazar. Monk vs Monk is fun, and I sometimes reload the game or CTRL+R him if he wanders too close to one of my other party members and gets a good hit from one of them. :rolleyes:

Next up is the Sorcerer. I can't say enough about this awesome class. Sure the whole spell memorization thing is kind of a pain in the butt, but if you start the game knowing what you want your Sorcerer to do, then it's not a problem. I'm at the middle to end of ToB in one of my games, and my Sorcerer has 6 9th level spells per day. Using them in the order of IA, Time Stop, Comet, Comet, Dragon's Breath, followed by Energy Blades will take down any number of badies quicker than you can blink. When I faced the Improved Demigorgon using this technique (ok, so I had two fewer spell slots, so I didn't use Dragon's Breath), he went down faster than I have ever seen...getting rid of all his friends he summons up was a little more difficult since all my 9th level spells were used up. :bad:

9. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My Blade, who was the second class I took all the way through, is probably my most enjoyable ones. At first I found them to be a pretty difficult class to play, even more since I found Haer'Dalis quite useless. I realized that Haer'Dalis has 9 constitution, hence my negative vibs about Blades. Anyway, it was great fun, both in role-playing value, as well as the fighting part of the game. They grow immensly strong though (as I've learned that every class does..)

Soloed a Kensai/Mage once, and that was alot of fun, though IMO, that's off the charts. Über-powered, no companions, no role-playing at all (etc.).

I'm currently playing a Fighter/Mage, and that is indeed alot of fun. A powerful class indeed, dual-wielding longswords and katanas (currently Blade of Roses and Celestial Fury). I feel that you kind of get the 'best of both worlds' with the possibility to get both 9th level spells as well as HLA's for both classes. Changed the appearance from fighter to mage to get the 'hooded' Robe of Vecna, instead of a fighter wearing almost nothing ;)

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tie between Monk and Vanilla Ranger.

Barbarian, Sorcerer, and gnomish Illusionist/Thief all share second place.

11. Brettoni Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Halfeling Assassin with very mediocre stats in STR and CON - I wasn't aware of D&D rules and system at the time, I'm more of an old school % based role-play type (elric, runequest, etc...)but high Dex was great fun to role play and a great challenge.
    My most powerful character without a doubt would be my half-elf Ranger/Cleric with an extremely good rool of dice. Took him through BG1 and my stats at the start of BG2 were STR 19 CON 19 DEX 19 INT 12 WIS 21 CHA 11
    Fun, but a little too powerful.

12. Deadman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I enjoyed playing a half-elf Beserker. Immunity to Charm, Confusion, Fear, Maze, Imprisonment and level drain during beserking is invaluable. Dual-wielded Crom Faeyr and Equalizer for good damage, and wore gauntlets of weapon expertise which gave +2 dmg.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kensai / Thief.

14. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I have 2 favorites, berserker - because I'm a straight forward boring type - and Sorcerer, I've only played a single sorc in all the years I've had this game and it is memorable to single handedly take down Irenicus at the end of BG2 (on the tree) before the rest of the party (or even irenicus himself) had a chance to take action... haha - so many spells.

Then again, I failed to follow up on my Edwin and 200+ spells in 1 casting as well. It was quite a sight to see, I wonder if anyone did that for me while I was afk from BG2.

15. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

My most fun was definitely Blade. I got to try out so many different armor, weapon, and strategy configurations. It was so cool using the helmet that casts Simulcrum and then mislead and Improve Bard Song with all of them to get my AC to god-like levels. So cheesy.

16. Morthond Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    BG1:
    Elf Fighter/Thief! First character I ever completed it with. Enjoyed it immensely.

BG2:
    Elf F/M/T - first solo, loved it.
    Drow Elf Silverstar of Selûne -. tough but worth the effort
    Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric - we all like this guy :)
    Elf Fighter/Druid - extremely versatile.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The most fun for me without a doubt was my Avenger. Not for the shapeshifting, but for the mage spells. In SoA they get to level 12 so fast and with 18 wisdom I'd memorize 8 chromatic orbs. My two mages would set the opponent up with Greater Malison, then the chromatic orb fun would begin. Also this was the first character I played SoA with so it was a favorite for the gameplay. In BG1 my first character was also enjoyable, a Gnome Illusionist with 8 STR and 10 CON... at level 6 I had 8HP... VERY challenging.

18. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Haha!!! That one´s easy! My best Kensai/Thief so far could make Jon´s ass blister just by looking at him.

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

20. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    The most fun class combo I ever played was a dual wielding Wizard Slayer/Mage (kind of an oxymoron I know) :p
    It was sort of a compromise for not being able to use a Monk/Sorcerer

I remembered dueling the mage in Sendai's lair and emptying almost my entire spellbook for the sake of trying to find out if I could beat his Magic Resistance, I hurled enough magic at him to please even Mystra herself i reckon, but to no effect. So I simply resorted to cutting him into pieces.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.