1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I can summon 30+ Skeleton Warrior and 5 Fallen Planetars with Edwin

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by All Creation, Aug 28, 2001.

1. All Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I down loaded the harder Demogorgan patch on TOB. Time to face Demogorgan but I decided to experiment with Edwin and found out that I can summon a huge army.

1. Edwin can use the project Image 7 level spell 7 times.

2. Cast animate dead 9 times.

3. Summon Fallen Planetar 6 times.

First I used a thief to set some traps where demogorgan will appear if you ask him to Show Yourself.

I then used Edwin to project image and then summon skeletons with the image. All nine skeleton warriors are summoned. His image was then unsummoned and I casted project image again and summon more skeleton warriors. With my last project image spell I used edwin to summon 5 Fallen Planetars.

I then asked Demogorgan to show himself and the battle began.

The traps did a lot of damage to Demogorgan and then my huge army started to pound him down to the ground. My army was starting to get smaller so I had 5 super tanks in my party sent into the battle with greater whirl wind and edwin casting ruby ray on demogorgan. Demogorgan didn't stand a chance.

Muhahahahahahaha...........

2. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Uh...shouldn't this be in the ToB forum? And at any rate, it isn't that hard to beat Demogorgon with even one good spellcaster. Pre-emptive Chain Contingencies and Spell Triggers make his defenses go down in the first second while he gets pounded down with Abi-Dalzims. I think he lasted...a whole two rounds with me? At any rate, this does go in the ToB forum.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Shame, I had to clear this note of flames "or else"... :( *sniff* *sob*

But I tell you it was a nicest spam I made in years...LOL

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited August 28, 2001).]

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] just wondering, how are you going to surpass the 5 minion summoning limit?

and beating Demogorgon with tougher AI files ain't hard, I was really disappointed when I defeated with him with my level 22-26 party. And the developers died with level 30 parties, BAH!

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 28, 2001).]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Hmmm, since I'm already here I'd like to ask if any of you tried to smack that Demo.. Demo.. Demogrogn... sissy_creature with Wand of Wonders? You know, trigger it few times untill the bastard becomes petrified...LOL

No?

I thought so... Bah!

[SPECIAL EDIT]
    Don't say that you never tried that wand on dragons too... Bah!
    Anything else you haven't tried in this game? EVERYTHING!

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited August 28, 2001).]

7. I don't think I ever got the wand of wonders...where do you get it? Oh yeah, the harder DemoGorgon patch probably triggered a few bugs of it's own.

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

argh you bugger!

side quests.... never heard!

experimenting, never, I've had enough of this game, didn't care for anything but the story... and viccy, but I allready knew how that ended :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!!

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Shadow_Goddess, that Wand you find in SoA. :p

Lokken, then why did you bought it in?

Besides, wait till I get my claws on it, no dead Viccy then. Only dead Keldorn!

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Hey, even better, Viccy kills Keldorn to show her devotion to you... as a wedding present. I want that edition!!! ;)

11. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

hm...5 monster summoning limit, Demogorgon's immunity to weapons of +4 enchantment and lower (I think), and the fact that if you had been thinking, a few Abi-Dalzims could have taken him down in the first two rounds (loaded into Chain Contingencies of course) after a pre-emptive Spell Trigger loaded with 3 Pierce Magics. All this, without any cheese tactics like setting Spike Traps all around!

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] ROTFL Lokken!!!

Ok, you can see my strategy how to make them both alive in party here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003603.html

And I'll try to edit those endings with certain cutscenes where I'll put exactly what you just said!

Dead Keldorn in a box as a present...LOL
    In addition we could cut Aerie's...hmmm no, nothing of interest there...
    Yes, we could, we could...

No, no, dead Keldorn should be enough... for now... LOL *evil grin*

13. The DMage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think there is a bug that let's simurculms and Projections summon as much as they want.

14. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A few problems I find in this tactic.. one for that fact that it is impossible..

one is the 5 minion limit.. you cannot control more than 5 summoned creatures...

the other is that, in any battle, there can only be 1 Deva or Planetar, fallen or not... so i'm afraid till that is clarified.. this is spam and bs

15. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

Well, it is possible to get multiple Planetars/Fallen Planetars, but only via the Project Image spell. And each Projected Image can only summon one, so you'd waste 4 Project Image spells getting Planetars. Plus, you can't do it fast enough unless your Projected Image kills itself fast enough. However, it's true since I have gotten two Planetars myself, but haven't tried for more.

16. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm totally sure that one of my projected images cast three fallen planetars at the same time (no unsummoning itself, or anything). It may be because I did it inside of a timestop (I think I had improved alacrity up, too, and had the Robe of Vecna).

In terms of a quick way for a projected image to kill itself... just get it to cast dispel magic at itself (I can't remember the last time that failed).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.