1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Watcher's Keep lvl 3

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by An-D, Aug 3, 2004.

1. An-D Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

im in the third room. after the dead room with the solid rock thing in the middle

i enter the room and this demon starts talkin to me, Tahazzer! then 3 glazebreu, 2 imps, the demon and a succubi attack me

im solo assassin, lvl 38. any ideas how i can beat this? cuz im dead within 2 seconds normaly

[ August 03, 2004, 16:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm not sure how others are going to feel about being your live walkthrough. Perhaps if you need this much help, a solo character is not really your style?

To answer your question, I'd use some scrolls before entering the portal and rely on some HLAs that you may not use as often as you should. The trick to solo challenges is to "rediscover" the power of all those silly powers you never use on a normal play-through.

If you want more specific help, you'll need to detail what tactics and skills you are using, and where things go wrong.

3. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You don't have to fight every battle on Level 3. Drink a potion of invisibility and oil of speed and run past them to the next gate. The succumbi can't target you with their dire charms as long as you're invisible, but the demons can still see you so be quick about it.

4. An-D Gems: 1/31

i have to kill that tahazzar guy to achieve a gem for my scepter

and no, solo is not the right thing for me, ill give you that. but i completed Soa with no trouble at all, its just that WK is small rooms all the way and everything and everyone can spot you even if im hidden

5. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

I've never done a solo assassin before, but this is how I would try it. Pre-buff before entering the demon room. Use some sort of protection from evil (staff of magi?) and resist fear. Also make sure that charm/domination will roll off you. Haste up, enter the room, and kill one demon as fast as you can (of course use HLA Assassination). Run through a portal if you are in trouble, if not, kill a second (but don't get greedy). Make sure you know your path through the maze so that where you run will be safe, or at least relatively safe. Repeat until all are dead. A variation on the strategy is to simply target the head demon first, grab the gem when he dies, and run on through.

6. Korgal the Strong Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if this is that demon fight that i think it is then you cant buff because all the entrance rooms to the place are dead zones and wild magic zones

no recommendations. with four people i had trouble with that fight.

7. An-D Gems: 1/31

i've tried everything . and i mean everyting. im dead within 5 seconds no matter what

anyone made this with solo assassin?

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

See, this is why I always keep a scroll of Protection from Magic or two handy in my scroll case. And I also keep many other scrolls in there that I can just read off (Time Stop/Assassination anyone?).

But I doubt you've got that. You might want to head outside and go get some stuff to help you with that battle. Believe me, it's much less frustrating than constantly dying and the loading screen gets more screen time than you do.

You might want to buy a few Stoneskin scrolls also. With those in your quick slot, you should be able to prevail.

BTW, good luck with Demogorgan :D

9. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmmm...if you have the staff of the magi, you could use it to set up a spelltrap to absorb a lot of their spells. Then take out the succubi first as they can charm you to death (that really sucks in solo games!) Remember to re-equip the staff to instantly make you invisible again! Avoid death and assasinate will probably see you through the rest of the fight, esspecially with several stoneskin scrolls ready for use. O and run around, A LOT!

Edit: O Eric Xanthus, I for one don't mind helping others on this board. That's what it's for. I don't think anyone should be critized for asking for helping during this game, especially when they have tried numerous times and keep dying.

10. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

@Thunder

I certainly wasn't discouraging him from asking for help, especially as I did answer his question after all. With the number of threads and posts he put up yesterday, I suggested that perhaps some people would not want to help him so frequently, and that this solo thing wasn't for him. If he, by agreeing with me, took no offense...

11. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Oh okay, now I remember that guy. You just came from the Dead Magic room, right? You can still cast in the first room and run past the Dead Room. What exactly gets you killed so quickly? Wear the Helm of Charm Protection to avoid the succumbi's dire charm (I'm assuming you have UAI). Use the Greenstone Amulet to prevent domination. Drink a strength potion, Improved Haste yourself, and focus on Tahazzer.

If you're having this much trouble with this room, you're not going to like the next few rooms!

12. An-D Gems: 1/31

UAI?

13. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

UAI= Use Any Item, the best HLA (high level ability) that a thief can acquire.

14. An-D Gems: 1/31

yah got it , way ahead of u ^^

15. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I know it's slightly off topic, but doesn't Tahazzer only attack you if you are good. If you are evil, he gives you a quest to do, which is another room full of demons, so probably doesn't help you.

Anyway, back on topic. You have to take out the Succubi first, as the charm/domination will finish the battle before it begins. Then just summon and divide and conquer. You should also have a weapon by then that can %kill on striking which is extremely useful, also one or two that can fight on their own, plus several books/objects of summoning.

Can you pick-pocket the gem?

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I hate this part of the game -- IMHO, the third level is tougher than the other 4 combined. To top it off, mine is bugged -- I never get to see both demons (I spent days wandering around the damn place and never found the other demon -- I've found the portal, gotten the gem from the Cambion, etc, but never found the third gem. I assume it's a glitch, so I just Console in the scepter and move on.

17. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

IIRC you can get a gem from the room where you get Yakman's journal - I could easily be wrong, so don't quote me on that.

And the demon will give you the quest no matter your alignment, unless my game is bugged. I was playing through with a CN (or NG, can't remember) Skald and he offered me the quest.

18. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Jhonka: no u cant do the quest as a good char. Maby ur game *is* bugged - or maby ur thinking about another quest.

19. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Have you tried summons, you can use as many as you like if you use your simulacrum (Vahiliors Helm) to cast them.
    P.S. I'm not sure if this is helpfull - I cannot remember if there is any breathing room before the fight.

20. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What on earth made you choose an assassin to solo with? Are you really that fond of backstab, run away, backstab, run away.......?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.