1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverending Journey

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] What is this mod which can be found here:
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/nejmain.html

It is huge, but what does it do actually? I saw SCs from IWD1 areas, but with BG2 characters and interface!? :confused:
    Look, it is IWD with BG2!? http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/images/scr12.jpg
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/images/scr13.jpg
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/images/scr14.jpg

I also saw unique places, and one place from the beautiful RPG game Arcanum, it is Tulla if I am not mistaken, a city of mages, but mod says it is 'Halrua' and has tests for mages. (much like Arcanum) Whoa! This is a crazy mod maker's dream or is it true? :eek:

Look here, it is city Tulla from RPG game Arcanum!

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/images/scr18.jpg

These are pretty unique areas, I haven't seen these anywhere:
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/images/scr16.jpg
    http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/images/scr15.jpg

What is going on? What the heck with IWD areas? Is it like IWG2, a total conversion? And that Tulla, Halrua, whatever, how can they convert a map from Arcanum into BG2? And what is the purpose of doing so? Will the party start from IWD areas, and then continue on SoA and ToB OR just go to new areas at what point of the IWD game? Aaagh I am really confused!

I tried to look in forums but they are many and vague at best. Can you clear the confusion for me?

If this is a total conversion mod like IWG, and other huge mods which disable original SoA and ToB contents, I am not interested, though this looks like so crazy I am curious!

Should I have it? Do you have it and/or reccomend it? Will it work with my heavily modded game? (I do not think so :p )But most importantly, what is this mod anywaaay? :o

2. UCLAParadox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The bottom 2 areas are from Planescape: Torment, another Infinity Engine game. As for what the mod does... no idea.

3. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i have heard of it aswell and i think it is to add to the end of your game, sorta like RTT though i have NO idea whatsoever

but i want it and i want it now!

4. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Neverending Journey is good fun.

Half way through Iren'cus' dungeon you get whisked through time off to do bits of IWD, taking an artefact back to the present. Then you do something with it, although I can't remember what. It's very good, though. You can get some nice IWD people to join you, like Hrothgar and a couple of others (I haven't actually played IWD). Worth a go.

BTW, that screenshot certainly looks like Arcanum.

5. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It is Tulla from Arcanum, I'm 100% sure of that, and I'm 100% sure of very few things, mind you ;)
    My take is, they took graphic representation of Tulla(Screenshots?) and made it as BG2 map(BG2 maps are pictures, after all).

Wow.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So it's not a Total Conversion mod then? It just takes to to certain areas of IWD and you get to bring back some NPCs and IWD items?

What a novel idea! :thumb: :rolling:

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

So, if one has this mod, can still return back to BG2 plotline after some adventures through IWD, Arcanum, AND Planescape places? Is this the fact? Wow indeed! It adds new areas, quests, NPCs, spells, items etc. and still protects the originality of the BG2?

If I install it, will it cause bugs with my heavily modded game, AND will I be able to return to my modded BG2 and continue adventuring? If not then I do not want that mod. If it is true, I definitely should have this mod!

So more help and insight needed!

8. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Regular BG2 still exists, along with whatever mods are installed.

There was one irritating bug I encountered (leaving the first level of the dungeon) but nobody else seems to encounter it. It's easily bypassed with the console. Other than that, I encountered none.

9. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You say that the mod's forum is vague about it. Why not to ask any questions you have in that forum? The author checks it every day, and gladly replies ANY questions. :)
    Neverending Journey Official Forum

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Err I have to register and I do not really want it, plus the people there discuss the advanced problems, if I ask about basics they may very well laugh at ne. :o

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Baronius, how about telling Vlad to put together a full description of what the mod actually does and consists of? The description I have on SP is just as vague as the source I got it from was. I'll be happy to update the description on SP if he sends me a better one.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

YAY! See, big and mighty Taluntain is with me! :banana:

Really, the mod requires a good description about what it does, how to install, mod compatibilities etc. Or newbies get easily confused and miss a potentially wonderful mod!

13. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Their right. I'm new enough to mod's I don't even touch a new npc mod without a good description.

14. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ill look at it when somebody has a good info link... or later when im not at school :D

15. Baronius

Why don't you want it? This is an indiscreet question, so don't answer it. Just ask it from yourself.
    And no, ANY questions are welcome on its forum, not just advanced ones. If you have posted there as well what you posted here in your initial topic, you would have got full answer from its author. I can understand that its author Vlad doesn't have time to check other forums.

Tal: I'll see what I can do.

16. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

wow! that look interesting! bg2 + iwd + arcanum + torment! if the mod is not buggy, then I will definately try it out :D

17. Baronius

18. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't think it involves the plots of Arcanum or Torment, just some of the areas from them.

As far as I know if does involve the IWD1 plot, though. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.