1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3 stooges in Watcher's Keep, how to survive?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ghost, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Ghost Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm a swashbuckler with my gf as a totemic and Aeirie. All of us are near HLA but none of us hit it yet. The problem is, we cant seem to survive a few encounters, especially the 3rd floor which u r being teleported around with no magic zones.

Without summon, and relying me as tank... we get sliced off by demons. Don't even mention about demogorgon... we put our best and cant even bring him down to barely injured. My traps wont work, fire elementals n spirit animals dont stand a chance against his glabrezu.

So we seal them both in. The question is, is there anyway to survive both the encounter (with the first one, we cheated) without going out and level up and come back in again?

[ August 27, 2004, 13:32: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Which one are you asking the question about, the 3rd level encounter or Demogorgon?

If it's the 3rd lvl then quicksave before you enter any of the portals and if you can't beat the fight in the next portal, cast all your buffs, and anything else you can think off before you enter the portal, maybe this will give you some chance.

If your talking about Demogorgon, I can't help you much with demogorgon tactics as I normally seal him in, as it gives you more experience i think. Go to www.gamebanshee.com for some good tactics advice and just follow the links to demogorgon.

By the way, does sealing him in actually give you more experience or does killing him??

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

killing him gives more xp iirc, i could be wrong though. i forgte what level i was after taking on demogorogon but i was pretty damn tough by then, i probably took him on after doing everything else in the game, right before going to the seladarine. just keep whacking him with whatever +3 and up weapons you've got and buff everyone up on potions. also, summon a lot of stuff that acts as fodder so he can take it out on them.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Killing Demogorgon gives you MUCH more experience. If I remember things correctly, both options give quest XP, and killing him gives twice more XP to each character.

In fact in every game, if I send the knights in, I can use the scroll to seal him, but this doesn't block the entrances, so I can always go in and fight him. That way you get the XP for both methods.

Careful use of Otiluke's resilient sphere and summons can make the fight easier, from my experience.

5. Ghost Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Thanks, i'll be following the link. Regarding the question, i'm refering to both. The 3rd level problem is you cant bring in your buffs, when you reach no magic zone area, its automatically dispel.

Yeah, trying to kill him for more exp, thats our initial intention. I'll check out the link. thanks =)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.