1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Player1 vs LeaderOf()

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by OTG, Nov 25, 2006.

1. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I have a little section at the bottom of the scripts for my party members to get them to move back to the protagonist if they stray too far (useful after a big melee-intensive battle when they've become scattered). Usually, the protagonist is the party leader, and in slot 1 as I generally have a single or multi-classed fighter as the protagonist. I'm considering using a ranger for my next play through (Sikret recommends a ranger protagonist for IA4) and the protagonist will usually be nearer the back of the party, in a more "ranged support" type role. As such, I don't necessarily want the party to rally around them, but to the character in slot 1.

Here's what I currently use:
    (BTW, I have the T formation in the third formation slot)

Should I replace LeaderOf(Myself) with Player1, or do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance

2. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So far, I have mostly recommended choosing a (non-evil) mage as the protagonist in order to see more new quests in the game. Recently, a long quest has been added to ranger stronghold in IA v4.0. So now, ranger is also a very good choice.

If you want to see all of the new quests, you will eventually need to play the game for at least two times: Once with a (non-evil) mage protagonist and once with a ranger one.

[ November 26, 2006, 08:47: Message edited by: Sikret ]

3. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sounds like a new mod, care to enlighten me? I haven't played BG habitually (like most addicted fans :D ) in a while now. Mostly cause I dont have time...

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Gatekeeper: With his question, OTG was referring to a script he had written to use in his own games. The IA4 they were speaking of is referring to the upcoming Improved Anvil version 4.

Incidentally, I'm not too hot on scripts so I'm not much help to you, OTG.

5. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You're looking for the distinction between Player1 and Player1Fill. As I recall, Player1 is always the Bhaalspawn, but Player1Fill is whoever ends up in the top slot of the party bar.

6. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@SimDing0: That seemed to work, thanks (well, the script compiled without errors, anyway!)

@Gatekeeper: The scripts to which I was referring are the scripts for my party members. IA4 is the soon-to-be-released (hopefully) Improved Anvil v4, which Sikret will tell you is the best mod ever ;)

7. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Can I employ some people to give me the same sort of press IA gets, please? :)

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You might want to look to yourself for that one, Sim. ;) You know what they say, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." :shake:

9. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I had written:
    Well, this is true as far as "new quests" are concerned.

In addition to new quests, There are certain enhanced battles (of strongholds) each of which can only be seen by a protagonist with a certain class (paladin, fighter and bard). Hence, if you want to see everything (as distinct from every new quest) IA adds to the game, you will need to play the game for more than two times.

10. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Sure, but we need money first. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.