1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions...Questions... *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kitrax, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, my game must just be really buggy because a lot of things are happening that just shouldn't happen, or things that should, but never do. So I come before you all with a few questions.

#1. Edwin and his nether scroll...The mage that comes looking for him came for the 2nd time and removed his womanly form, and was killed, but Edwin still walks slow, and his legs don't even move, he just slowly "floats" to where I tell him. Also, now that he is back to his original form, for some reason, he still speaks like a woman...what's up with that?

#2. I asked this question in another thread, but it was never answered, so I'm asking it again. I have completed ALL sub quests in Chapter 3, except one. For some reason the woman in Trademeet will not appear and ask my PC to help her son (2nd part of the skinner quest).

#3. In the Jaheira romance, are there anymore attacks upon the party after getting Jaheira back from the Harper Hold (after speaking with Dermin twice, she leaves for the hold)?

If you have any answers, suggestions, or hacks (such as what to set the globals to, to make something work) let me know!
    Thanks. :rolling:

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

1. Edwin's change is not controlled by any global, so you're pretty heavily bugged. I'm almost 100% sure there's nothing you can do to fix this problem. (Short of killing him and spawning in another Edwin, which may or may not work.)

2. I can't remember the name of that woman, but CreateCreature("hername") might work.

3. No.

3. Kitrax

Media:
    Hmmm...I'm going to try and kill/res him...if that doesn't work, I quess there are other mages in the game just waiting to be in my party.

Well, I guess I could look through all the hundreds of creatures until I find the right woman. :rolling:

4. Blast Skeleton Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. If you have completed the Bridge District/Tanner quest, you should revisit Trademeet.
    When entering the village, Jenia should approach you.
    If not, follow Rastor's advice. ;)

5. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I've also had the problem of reaching trademeet. But if you rescue Mazzy from her jail in whatsitcalled(shadowdragon) you get the location. ;)

6. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

as said, if you have trouble finding trademeet, go to the city gates and talk to everyone there, sooner or later (rather sooner) you will talk to a guy who ask you for your help, agree and he will mark trademeets location on your map.

the skinner part in trademeet wont be avaible until you have solved the animal trouble quest and the djinni quest. (think you must do the waukeens mantle quest too).

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Wait a minute...so if it's not controlled by any Globals, then it *must* be controlled by the Locals, which aren't much different, so if anyone knows what they need to be set to, to get him back to normal...I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

Ummm, guys, when or where did I ever say I was having trouble FINDING the town of Trademeet? Nowhere. :bang:

*Sigh* As I said in my first post, I've already done every quest except the 2nd part of the skinner quest. So yes, the animal trouble, the djinn, and the mantle quests are finished and over with! :mad:

Geez, I don't know why this is so hard to understand. :rolling:

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31

No global, no local. Read Eddie's script if you don't believe me.

I don't think that the lady's .cre file is JENIA, but no harm in trying that, right?

9. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

well, sometimes the woman (2nd skinner quest part) just refuses to show up.

don't know why though.

sometimes i do the bridge part before trademeet and sometimes after.

only happened once to me that she refused to show up. Perhaps it have something to do with your reputation or alignment?

don't really know.

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This may sound simple, but have you gone into the house to confront her about her son? I remember once where someone was supposed to talk to me and, because I was in another conversation when that person cruised up to do it, the game didn't let the conversation happen but treated it as if it did (hope that makes sense).

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31

@dmc
    When the same bug happened to me, I tried just that and it did not work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.