1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need a low-spoiler answer for a minor quest (?) in chapter 5.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Marvin^42, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

How do I give the statue of Demogorgon an animal sacrifice? I tried putting blood of the Master Brain, Kua-Toa Prince etc in front of him. I tried those tainted worms too. Is there a special container I should put the sacrifice in? What excactly is accepted as a sacrifice?

Thanks for helping.

(I really didn't know how to write a title without spoilers, but still giving information of the contents. I know the game is old, but there are new players. I know I for one don't want massive spoilers for just reading thread titles in a forum)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Summon an animal and walk it onto the platform. IIRC, I summoned a bear and it worked.

3. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hope this is low spoiler: Do you have any summoning spells?

OOPS - Blackthorne types faster than me ;)

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You have to summon an animal and march it in front of the statue. Use a spell or an animal summoning item - either is fine.

5. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31

Thanks to you all. Could you perhaps tell me what I can use the blood and eyestalk for?

6. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The blood and the eye stalk are 2 out of 3 items you can collect for the drow Matriarch's quest to complete the ritual of summoning. You need one of the 3 items she asks for, but you find some nice toys by doing all three dungeons to get them.

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Any non-undead summon will do. Dont waste a bear on the statue, you will need it for what comes later. Use Summon Monster 1, preferably from a scroll.

The tainted tadpols are of no use anylonger. I am assuming you have cleared these dungeons before having done all the drow quests. All will be answered in due time. Make sure to hang on to them till you are done with the Drow.

8. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@istolil: he asked for a minor spoiler for a minor quest and you give a major spoiler for a major quest! :)

@marvin^42: Just keep everything you find and can't find a direct use for, with you (preferably in the bag of holding), it's function will almost always become apparent later on during the game. Some things will have to be combined by something or someone, some are only worth selling. When in doubt: keep it!

9. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well it's not really a spoiler if he had the quest already. It is if he didn't. So marvin^42 I apologize if I spoiled it for you. Hopefully I didn't ruin it for you.

10. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31

If I already had the quest, I would probably have known what I should use the items for. But it's ok.

And about the animal sacrifice, what would happen if I were to shapeshift Jaheira and sacrifie her? Hmm.. maybe not, I'm a Cavalier. Perhaps next game. (It gets so much more exciting to play if I try to RP. Yes, I know asking for help is not RPing, but I can live with that)

11. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm afraid sacrificing anything besides monsters from Monster Summoning Wand or the same spell (level 3, 4 or 5) wouldn't work.

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You can also sacrifice Kitthix (spider figurine). I don't know about the moondog.

I rather doubt that shapechanged party members or familiars would work though.

13. MsKitty Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heh. Aerie makes a *WONDERFUL* sacrifice. :evil:

14. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31

This game is fantastic! It's actually exciting to play. I just finished the quest "Drow Summoning Ritual", and it was great. Nice way to end it. You may freely guess what I chose to do, being a paladin and all. At least the guy had some sense of humor :) I really look forward to the next big event. And I'll have to play evil, and install tutu and play a character all the way through etc. This game has extreme replayability :D

I just encountered you know who. This really got me laughing! "I killed you near Baldur's Gate. It's a shame you didn't stay dead. Time rto rectify that!" It's so great! When I first read his name, I wondered how they would make the conversation, because a lot of players killed him :p

[ March 10, 2005, 21:49: Message edited by: Marvin^42 ]

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Your Paladin actually told him that? :eek: :rolling:

See, I think this is the real sign of just how replayable this game is: people start planning their next playthrough BEFORE finishing the current one! Or, they sit at work and instead of actually getting something useful done they get a piece of paper out and start planning the party they don't have time to play (raises guilty hand)

16. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

With Drizzt, it's really funny from evil point of view to do the following: use one of Illithid circlets on him and then order him to attack his former companions. He'll kill them all, and you won't have to lift a finger. ;)

17. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31

Well of course not, but it was funny to see how they handled the problem with some players having killed Drizzt earlier.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.