1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tropical Adventure

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Black Rose, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Black Rose Guest

A campaign set in a tropical archipelago where travel is by canoe between islands of cannibals, giant beasts, and lost civilizations.

I want to make a 2E campaign, and this seems like a neat 'hook'. Anyone got any ideas for this setting?

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Download the Maztica stuff free from WotC for a central American/ Aztec/ Inca feel, or the Jungles of Chult for a more 'jungley' feel. The latter includes prehistoric monsters if you want a Jurrasic Island.

3. Black Rose Guest

Where can I download this stuff?

EDIT: Can I get a direct link to the d/l site? I explored for a little bit, but couldn't find what you were talking about.

[This message has been edited by Black Rose (edited February 02, 2002).]

4. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Try this link:
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20020121x

You'll be directed to the D&D Classics for Download WotC page. Scroll down the page to find the Maztica download (an 18 MB pdf file). It's the first file download on the page.

[This message has been edited by Gnolyn Lochbreaker (edited February 02, 2002).]

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Our DM ran us into a time rip and shipwercked us on an island populated with a savage orc tribe, and dinosaurs.

Yes, dinosaurs. T-Rexes, reptillian birds, docile plant chewers, the whole works. It was one of the best side campaigns I've ever been on. Nothing more interesting seeing a minotaur PC charge headlong into a T-Rex mouth and goring it from the inside out. (Only a minotaur could withstand that kind of damage, though, and just barely-at that)We had to sleep up in trees to avoid getting trampled or eaten. My little thief girl went a little crazy, and near to the escape from the island, was attempting to scale a cliff, when a large toothy Allosaurus-type peered over the cliff at her. She shook her fist at it and called it names. I almost lost her because of that one.

I know it sounds a little cliche, but dinosaurs were so damn cool.

6. Black Rose Guest

Interesting.. got Maztica. Good, but not great IMO.

Where can I get the Jungles of Chult?

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... I couldn't find it there any longer. When I got it, "The Jungles of Chult" was not a free download, but you could have it for a few dollars.

8. Black Rose Guest

Could you mail it to me, Blackthorne?

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you have another email besides Yahoo? My email to you was returned as being too large. It was reported as being over the 3MB limit though the file I sent was about 2.6MB zipped.

10. void Guest

I think I'll make my upcoming campaign a jungle type one, it sounds like it'll be fun.

11. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Void yes yes a jungle campaign with alot of half naked hot amazon women.!! Can i join your campaign?:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.