1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeons and Dragons Fan Film Online

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Grippen, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Grippen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In a genre dominated by derivative STAR WARS rip offs, D&D fans do have a chance to enjoy a good 'ole good vs evil mage duel fan film.

Legacy of the Spellmaster

is where you can watch and comment, or

Pages of the Spellmaster

has pics you can view immediately to wet your hunger.

A 7 minute amatuer produced movie where a young mage takes it upon himself to rid the realm of an undead menace of unholy power (Thats a LICH, boys and girls)

Featuring the following spells, live action:::

Magic Missile (courtesy of a magic bow)

GATE (to summon a fairly demonic tortured soul)

Rod of Absorption

Wand of Force (slightly altered into a Wand of FLAMING Force)

Dimension Door (with sparkles)

Summon Fire (Not sure if there is such a spell, but if there isnt then there should be)

Fireball and Lightning Bolt naturally make their entrance, but

the centerpiece:::::
    Mordenkainen's Sword
    is what I am hoping you enjoy the most.

Name of film is LEGACY OF THE SPELLMASTER, dont get lost amongst all those links on that scond page...
    Hope you like.

[Direct links in case the above futz out on you:::
    http://www.csb-digital.com/alamdv/cinema/movieinfo.php?id=392]
    or
    www.hometown.aol.com/Strahd27/Spellmaster.html

Barry

2. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I LIKE IT!

Cool effects, cool sound, cool... ehh you name it.
    The Monty Python thing is cool too!

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That was funny. LOL. Very funny.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It was very well done, it shows what can be made. Imagine what these guys could have done with a full lenght manuscript, a couple of million bucks and a staff. That would have been something truly wicked.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Very nice!!! The effects were great! I love seeing amateur movies based on dnd and star wars...It's awesome to see other peoples vision of the dnd and sw realms!

I loved the addition of Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!! A freaking hilarious movie!!!

6. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

LooL
    See that's what Lord of the rings GREATLY MISS - spellcasting.What was that stupid battle Gandalf vs Saruman - a Star Wars jedi fight..... :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: So the 2-nd episode is not out yet so i hope of real mage fight there :rolleyes:

7. Grippen Gems: 1/31

Well the Gandalf Saruman thing was a telekinesis duel, which is a 5th level spell after all. Sure seeing fireballs being thrown around is fun, but there is a real slippry slope of drowning in the FX (ever see the mage duel in WILLOW?).

With FX as my only tool really (but with a bit a telekinesis at the end to prove that I could do it) my main rule was to keep the mage fight from turning into a starship fight. You know... fireball hits shield, lightning hits shield, etc. Very one dimensional and not visually interesting. Magic should not be blocked, it should be MOCKED. The mage should mold magic like putty in his hand and make his opponent feel the fool for ever casting such a pathetic spell.

I had to break my "no starship" rule once or twice in the interests of reality. But I felt I really nailed the "I MOCK your magic" in the first couple of exchanges, where the Lich sucks the blue fireball into his eyesockets. :D :eek:
    (Then later on when the lich conjures the Mordenkainens sword immediately after the human thought he was supercool with the Wand of Force :p . That was perfect "you suck")

Creating a spell with "class" is creativity draining, but worth it.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Very nice. There's a misspelling of presence in the intro text though (presense), and invocation (invokation). I don't know if this could be fixed at this point, or if you want to fix it anyway. Just nitpicking. ;)

9. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Would say real "invocing" is missing too - I mean all spells cast at once?No "VITA MORTIS CAREHO" or something.....

10. Grippen Gems: 1/31

I have been told by others about some other details in the opening text that could be improved. I was thinking about making a quicktime version, and when I do that I can change the text.

Just be thankful I did not try to spell "Aganazar Scorcher"
    But nonetheless, the movie entitled "WAR of the Spellmasters" has one of those in its opening shot (for those of you with the very obscure Forgotten Realms source manual 2 ed.)
    Click the above link "Pages of..." to find that movie. Not as long, barely 45 seconds.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, anyone who played Warcraft 2 will recognize your opening growl by one of those death knights or whatever they were called. (It's been a while.) :shake:

And it's Agannazar's Scorcher, by the way. And to invoke, but invocation. :shake:

12. Grippen Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I told you not to ask me to spell it. :xx:

Casting that spell at 3 am, neither myself, the DM, or any other player could even pronounce it.

And yes that was a Warcraft Death Knight, and you are the first one to notice. It HAS been a long time.

13. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Nitpicking aside, I'd have to say that I think it was at least better than that stupid D&D movie they put out a couple of years back. So it was definitly worth the effort you put into it :D

14. Grippen Gems: 1/31

About that D & D movie, remind me that If I ever put a Beholder in a movie, then beg me for the love of God to have it do something, or in fact ANYTHING, other than just float down the hallway.

They had the cgi, they had the mesh, AND THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING WITH IT! GO to all that trouble to make a beholder and then have it just sit there like a floppy bag of jello??!!!???

Good god, a beholder rippign things up would have been unprecedented. What a godawful waste.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.