1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What happened to the TeamBG site?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Doomfarer, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Doomfarer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sorry for asking this, but I can't reach the TDD site and wonder if it's only me or if it's down? Somewhat SoA related... ;)

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yeah for a place where we *should* go get answers is sure down a lot ;). Last night I checked a few times and this afternoon. Each time no dice.

3. Doomfarer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I guees we'll have to start asking questions here instead. As long as noone posts dead links as answers it should be ok. :p

4. zeiziot Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

They are down yes, they are having problems with their service providers

If you are attempting to download TDD I believe they have some substitute links for the meantime. If interested I could post them here.

5. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

6. zeiziot Gems: 1/31

7. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

grrrrr

don't take a dig at me behind my back. I really do *not* appreciate it BigB. :p

I am sure TeamBG will be back up soon, i just heard that Ken is having ISP problems at the current minute, so the sites are down.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/me smooooooooooches BIG B

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

At the downed TeamBG site.
    "Just heard that the TeamBG's web providered went bankrupt."
    Ken states that "The site should be up by sunday/monday at the lastest."
    "Any bigger news then the TeamBG sit crashing?" I ask.
    "Well, not that I know off. I've been up the last 55 hours tring to solve this incredable problem."
    "How incredable of a problem is it?"
    "Why the f**k am I talking to you!? I dont even like you! Must get back to work!"
    "Well you heard it first here!"

DISCLAMER: NO FEELINGS WERE MENT TO BE HURT IF AT ALL ANY WERE. I HAVE NOTHING BUT THE MUST RESPECT FOR KEN AND HOPE HE HAS GOOD LUCK WITH HIS SITE. PLEASE DISSERGUARD ANY FEELINGS OF HATERED THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGINST ME. THANKYOU.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Why the disclaimer?

I'd nicely suggest site hosting to Tal if there is possibility to do it. But then again, would TeamBG accept to be hosted by Tal?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I very much doubt it. And I couldn't host them even if they wanted me to. SP gobbles up too much bandwidth as it is, with all the downloads/boards we offer. Taking TeamBG on would at least double that. Anyway, TeamBG is hosted by DBForge, but I don't exactly know what arrangement they have. It definitely isn't pure hosting, since TeamBG has its own domains. Anyway, as is written on their site, they're moving back to Telefragged, but I doubt they'll be able to offer all those downloads from there. They were probably paying extra for the bandwidth at their ISP (which went bust).

12. Grojlach Gems: 1/31

Official explanation:

TeamBG's Service Provider filed for bankruptcy and therefore TeamBG's server is without a network provider.

TeamBG's site, the site for "The Darkest Day" and other TeamBG hosted sites will all be migrated to TeamBG's hosting location on the Telefragged Network over this weekend. All existing URL's will be fully functional again at that time (by Sunday or Monday at the latest).

This has been as much of a surprise to me as it is for all of you, and I am sorry we could not have planned for this.

TeamBG fans can also still meet in the old TeamBG Yahoo! Club (Voice Chat).

-Ken Baker.

13. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

We don't we pull together and start a IP for the AD&D sites we love? I'm sure there's enough brains here to do it!

14. zeiziot Gems: 1/31

Regretably not everyone loves all the AD&D sites, and some dont even like eachother.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Absolutely!

I hate d&d and everything related to it. I came here because of the Planescape:Torment.
    And got stucked in SP :(

Too bad this place is (a)d&d base - such great composition and concept could cover much more than a simple set of rules.

Anyway, my brain won't serve your idea to start IP for ad&d sites. Sorry. Try with cRPG sites without specific sets of rules. You can get me in there.

16. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Extremist: I know i saked you this before, but i cant remember where, so ill ask you again. You said that it was mainly because of the Racial limitations that you hated D&D, so what do you think of 3rd Edition where that have remved the limitations?

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] So I really have to say it, eh?

Ok, here goes "the most rational reason":
    I hate d&d because Tal doesn't want to cover any other RPG - game, system or rules.

Is it clear now?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.