1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Edwin questions:

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Is there anyone (besides Minsc) that he'll fight with?

Will he leave if your Reputation goes too high?

(If 'no' to both above questions) Is there any reason NOT to have him in your party?

2. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No, but the Unfinished Business mod should restore a fight with Valygar.
    Yes.
    None at all. He's fun in a nasty way and he's the best spellcaster you can get.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Add Keldorn to the list as well.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

It's too bad about the Reputation issue. I like getting my Reputation up as high as possible.

5. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You can change this by installing a MOD (I don't remember well the name...sorry) and If I'm not wrong it can be found here in SP. With this MOD no NPC will leave your party for reputation changes although this ruins a little of the role playing of the game. Well..at least that's my opinion.

6. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Edwin will also fight with that sleazy character in the Copper Coronet - whose name escapes me.

Something has to happen first, but I will not spoil the surprise.

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

I think Ease-of-Use will remove the rep issues.

He fights with Salvanas? I'd never thought of that...it must be hilarious.

8. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

Besides the various Minsc & Boo bits, its the funniest thing in the game!

9. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Lol, that was truly hilarious. They even made a seperate sound set for him. I bet they really enjoyed doing that thingy to Edwin.

10. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Minsc and Boo making fun of Edwina is one of the best dialogs in the game. Anomen does that quite well also.
    I just thought what would Edwin say when he sees his Female statue in trademeet (if he turns back. Don't know cause I haven't played that far yet). :D

11. Belmit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've never played with Edwin before and now is the first time. When he engage in battle with Minsc does they then become enemys for good? Or is it just from time to time they attacks eachother? I'm a skilled BG player (according to me that is ;) so I know how to balance good and bad characters in one party.

Is it anything else there is to know about this mighty Wizard? I collected his "Neter scroll" (spelling) but after that the "quest" just stoped. Does it continou after a certain amount of time or do I have to visit a certain place?

12. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@Belmit

The nether scrolls quest continues after awhile. The counter is in real time, just keep playing. We won't spoil it for you! :)

13. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Edwin will leave if your rep gets too high, too early. If you go asap through the underdark , once you get out of it he wont leave you ( I thought ) If he does, chop of some pore civilians head from time to time or just do evil things ( killing valygar and using his body ) to keep your rep < 18.

The fight with minsc can be solved if you have high CHA, so it doensnt necessairly needs to end in a fight.

I have had both edwin and keldorn in my party and besides some arguments I never had them fighting until the bitter end. Might also be solved with CHA ?

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just install the fix that gets rid of the NCP's fighting with each other, its on sp. If my pc is not using magic then I will always use Edwin, chill with do gooding @ about rep 14-15 and you will be safe.

15. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

"If you go asap through the underdark , once you get out of it he wont leave you ( I thought ) If he does, chop of some pore civilians head from time to time or just do evil things ( killing valygar and using his body ) to keep your rep < 18."

Killing Valygar, or any other joinable NPC, will never lower your reputation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.