1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HELP ME with Balor mighty ass demon!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Craal Lithelord, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Craal Lithelord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I need help with killing that god damn mighty ass demon Balor or smthng, the asshole located in the dwarven granite place, in the underdark... I really need help... i use the characters: Craal, (my own Fighter)
    Nalia, Minsc, Jahiera, Cernd, Imoen...

I cant damage him with any normal weapons o magics, please help!

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Essentially, you need three things to defeat Balor:

1) +3 or better weapon to hit
    2) free action to protect against paralyzation
    3) resist fear to protect against morale failure after being hit by Balor

After I figured that out, my Archer and Minsc took him down without much trouble.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 15, 2000).]

3. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Or you can cast gate and let the demons of darkness fight.But just don't forget to cast prot from evil 10" and have Keldorn back up your fiend.

4. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you have a 6 person party, by the time your in the underdark, there is no way you have gate yet.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

No Viconia in the party? Oh well, she could've cast Gate upon 14th level I believe. Otherwise it's spell/potion up and fight it out OR it's 'Slayer' time...

I actually used my Slayer form this time thru BG2 to fight him and it worked great. I left all of my other party members in the tunnel/corridor and my main character did the work!.

6. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Well Ironeagle if I recall correctly that was the way I killed the demon.I had done every quest possible,killed every badguy(dragons&liches) before kissing Drows.But my protagonist was a Priest Of Helm; that may change things of course...

7. Atraikius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ironeagle - what do you mean you couldn't have gate yet, when I used Anomen, he had 7th level spells when I entered the windspear hills.

8. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

not if you start from scrath (aka not importing chars) maybe if you went with a 5 person party...

9. Sorl Guest

[​IMG] Is 'Slayer' a weapon or a person or is that the same to you :)?

10. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

If you don't know who/what Slayer is yet, telling you would be a major spoiler.

BTW, I had to use Slayer to beat Balor also. Didn't want to do it, but couldn't get it done otherwise.

[This message has been edited by Beorn (edited November 17, 2000).]

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Really? Was I just lucky? Once I was protected from paralyzation and fear, I had no problem...

12. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    Every time I've played with a 6 person party, I've had Gate available to me by the time I faced the Balor demon, so saying that you shouldn't have the spell by then is obviously false.

I've had to use Gate on him, and have also used the Slayer. In fact, on one trip through, I used them together to open a real can of whupass on that Balor! :D

13. Sorl Guest

The post got out wrong (and the server hated me and I couldn't change it). So now:

By Slayer do you mean the fist the man or the myth?

If Draco wasn't refering to his Monk, I'm really way off, so don't spoil me.

14. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Balor inst that bad, hes can just take hits, if you have 3 attackers, start off with all attacking him, then as he gets closer to death pull him back and use "heal" on him, send him back then do it with the next guy. Balor never follows.

15. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

No, not referring to a Monk. My character this time thru is a Thief/Fighter. He changed into the Slayer form and tango'd with the Demon by himself. I'm sure you know what the Slayer ability is, if not -giving you insight on what the Slayer is (if you are in the Underdark as your above post indicates) wouldn't be a *Spoiler*. Just check your main characters 'special ability' button and review your choices...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.