1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What gives you hope?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Death Rabbit, May 8, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Inspired in great part by the "What Gets On Your Nerves" and "Depression Generators" threads (both of which bummed me out a little), and partly by my creeping feeling that this world is getting more and more irreversably screwed up every minute, I want to know one simple thing:

What gives you hope?

I'll wait to post my answer until I read a few.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Metaphysically: Faith. Well, not only metaphysically....

Besides, I'm as much of a mean ***** as a man can be. Ask anyone in the chatroom. This sort of human being doesn't *just* give up. 'The show must go on'. I just have to keep doing things.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

For me, the knowledge that things will get better through God's grace. There will be many who scoff, but the heck with them.

4. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I get hope when I see a stubborn person say that they were wrong.

5. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm get hopeful when people seem to care....

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The idea that love and a little bit of stubbornness can really solve a lot of problems.

And my kids, of course.

7. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Faith in God and that there is more to life than this existence. Hope is knowing that life awaits after death.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm a little bit like Magneto.

I've just lost sympathy. I can't really say "This is the day/hour/minute/second where I lost my sympathy", but I know the general period at where it occured.

To be honest, it just really boils down to time. I had entirely too much time on my hands to think. If I'd stayed more busy, I'd not have lost it. I don't think my reading helped the matter out, either.

Parents: Keep your children busy.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Many things give me hope,

Sitting on the porch of my cottage and looking out over the lake at the sunset.

Watching lightning light up the sky during a thunderstorm.

Seeing children playing and having fun in the park behind my house.

Having a tax auditor go after my one of my clients and end up not being able to find anything significant enough to reassess.

Getting my paycheck and watching my mortgage balance decline.

Being able to travel to new places, meet new people and see new things.

Reading a good book.

Etc.

10. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Waking Up ;)

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    There are two things that give me hope.

#1: The fact that there are special people to me that will always support me in what ever I do, and to comfort me if I fall on my ass trying.

#2: The fact that people like my brother will die someday. :rolling:

12. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Nothing particuilar. Mostly i dont have much of it anyway.
    Its just that sometimes i experience a strange booming voice in the sky which says:"Yo, Gothy here, have some hope, will ya?".
    I say ok, fine let me have it.

And i have hope for a while :D :p

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I get hope by one simple fact:
    That some day i'll rule this pathetic planet and then i will be able to solve all lifes problems :)

oh yeah and that song at the end of monty pythons life of brain, "always look on the bright side of life"

And of corse just watching wild life live, weather it be lambs playing or birds feeding or just a tree soaking in the morning sun.

Oh and i can forget biking on my cheap little crapy bycicle (spelling?) with my back to a nice soft wind and hearing birds in the distance talking (not litary (spelling once again?)

Now i think about it every thing almost gives me hope. No thats not quiet right, i'll rephrase that, life gives me hope. Thats the main thing atleast (followed closey by the first one).

14. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Every new day gives me hope. Every animal, plant, bird I see gives me strenght to hold on. The sun or even the rain, both give me hope for a wonderfull life.

:D :shake: :D

15. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, just try to get to grips with the harsh reality, that I can't the shape the world as it pleases me, nor can I force people to do, what I think they should do. I can't even shape myself, as I would like. I just hope, that the little I can do, has in the end a good outcome for me and my surroundings and that the world plans to surprise me with more good than bad things. Then I try to focus on the upsides of being born into the age of anything goes:

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Little kids - my own son, his friends at day care, even random children I see while walking around town. Each little person is a brand-new opportunity to get it right.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Seeing my daughter learn new things...like how to pray, run down hills, paint, and build "poo-poo castles" (what she calls taking a dump).

Seeing people mildly interested or disinterested in Christianity get excited about the grace of Christ.

Answered prayer.

Friends who call or e-mail you with a hug when you need one.

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Kevin Smith movies - people laughing at their own stupidities always gives me hope.

19. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My naive mind. Something I'm working to get rid of.

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    My son. And having enough money to survive. Which never happens.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.