1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #15

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I'd say there was a 129 minute period where you could do all of the above :)

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Sounds great. I can't wait to see it :rolleyes:

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Rotku...Have some respect for yourself! :D

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hay! I'm not waisting my money. I got the tickets ages ago, so I'm not going to not go.

[ November 06, 2003, 08:13: Message edited by: Rotku ]

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Long boring speeches are good! They add to the plot (hopefully). Plot is the important part.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Saw it :D

Not gonna spoil any of you, but I DO havea little tidbitt that I want to share... it was kind of scary, when at one point involving quite a lot of sghooting, I had my hands periodically tremble due to exhaustion, and, well.... it was kind of weird.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I for one am quite content to miss out on the mass hysteria of the Matrix. To be honest, the whole thing just didn't make any sort of lasting impression on me. Now am I weird, or just everyone else?

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Tal, probably a good deal of both. Lesse - the first one was overall brilliant, the second one was less so. I can understand you being turned off the entire idea by that (not that it was 'bad' as such, but it just screamed 'Second in a trilogy!' But then, I do also see how people could see it as bad)

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Honest opinion? Revolutions sucked, in a way.

And coming from me....

I'm still not hysterical, either. Bad Ara!

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aik, correct!
    When I heard that there would come 2 sequals, I didn't like it all that much. I loved the first one, but I never bothered to watch the second.
    It's kinda different to LotR. LotR is not finished with the 2nd and the 3rd part (or the Scouring of the Shire. :heh: )

Yup! There are a hundred thing I'll never understand, all 100 are women.

Had an other test today. A practical one. One part (most difficult) I did 'perfect', according to the teacher. But I have to retry the simple part, so there is a good chance that I will get my points. :)

11. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I love science fiction and fantasy, obviously, but to be brutally honest, the Matrix didn't do it for me to the degree it seems to have affected other people. Maybe it's because I've read so many similar stories before, the whole thing just wasn't that innovative in my opinion. It brought a common science fiction theme to the masses using great special effects, and in that sense it's worth a look, but as far as I'm concerned it's got no deeper message than the original pilot of Star Trek -- the Cage, with which it shares a great deal thematically.

So, the upshot here, Tal, is that you are not alone, though I am most likely seeing the film tomorrow -- I have a date, though I'm not really sure if dating other women is the best thing for me right now . . . . . I'M SO FRIGGING CONFUSED!

12. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

For me, the value of The Matrix had very little to do with Science Fiction; its importance was it's teachings in the metaphysical- the same can apply to the original Star-Wars trilogy.

So it wasn't what was new, but what it was that I allready knew, what it re-inforced, which we see so little of in the public eye. It pleased me greatly that people could learn these things.

There is no Spoon.

13. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] My 1000th post :happy: :alien:

And i dont even consider myself a spammer (at least not anymore ;) ). You think i qualify for one?
    *shrugs* i dont.

Anyway, this is just a brag. :shake:

And no, i wont make another topic in SS. I think it pretty much litters the SS forum.

EDIT: Deepara... I dont know anything about that (age:17), but if i were you i would sit down and think really good what I want. And if she brings her boyfriend in your house :eek: *shakes head*.
    Anyway,IMO decide what YOU want.

[ November 06, 2003, 20:47: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Chalk up another vote for "What's so great about Matrix?" The first movie was entirely cool, but not to the extent that we made a point of running out to see Reloaded. Consequently, Revolutions isn't even on the radar screen at the moment. Babysitting funds are being reserved for RotK. ;) I'm sure we'll rent the full Matrix trilogy someday, but I doubt we'll buy it until the DVD's are under $15 or so each. LotR, however - for that we'll spring for the boxed set director's cut!

@LKD: {{{hug}}} This is easier said than done, but stop worrying about what *she* wants and be selfish for a while. Do whatever you need to do to keep your head on straight. Here's the thing you're missing - she doesn't really know what she wants right now, so she's playing a nasty little game of trying to have it all. It will backfire on her eventually, and you want to make sure you're well out of the blast zone (or at least protected by your armor of integrity) when it does. Again, {{{hug}}}.

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LKD - Sorry, but, SNAP OUT OF IT! You need to put an end to this half-in, half-out nonsense. For Christ's sake, she's got you living in the basement while she has a boyfriend over!

Lay down the law. You just can't let things go on the way they are pretending like it's OK, because obviously it's not.

You need to stop asking us what she wants. Either find out from her, or better yet, ask yourself what you want. Then either give it, get it, or move on.

16. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I just saw the 26 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion in one row. I must admit that it's a good anime, but I'm somehow really confused now and really dizzy after 10 hours watching it :D .

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Dude, hated the 25th episode, the one where Asuka.... :wail:
    Sorry peeps, I'll just go locking myself up in my room ...again :wail:

18. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

Seph: Well, keep in mind that the creators of Evangelion (I think) also did Mahoromatic, and anime fans know how much they screwed with our heads there....

Seems my "wish" for greater stamina has kinda come true...at least I finished everything in time to see Adult Swim. *pulls out collection of Inu Yasha and Cowboy Bebop stuff* :heh: :rolleyes:

ยค

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Woo! Going on my first field trip in two years! About time...

20. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As I see it, the trouble with the matrix was, that in the beginning there were only one movie. It became a succes, and suddenly they decided to make a trilogy. Which means that they had to somehow make the story continue after the first movie.

LKD: My advice in your case is to get as far away as soon as possible. It should be evidently that there is nothing to be salvaged. (She has a boyfriend!) By still being near, you will only achieve grinding your self down. As discussed in another topic, it is considered as a sign of moral strength being able to be friend afterward. Bah! Been there, done that. Ruined five month of my life before I got smarter!

On another note, I'm finally getting on in NWN. Somehow it seems more interesting now, than it did a year ago. I've even begun thinking about making a module....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.