1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hangover Cures

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by the god, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A few of the medics in the military training detachment I used to work with cured their hangovers with an oxygen mask and saline drip. :eek: You didn't want to stumble across them before breakfast, it was pretty revolting watching them squeeze the saline bag to get it into the bloodstream faster. I can't imagine it worked, but even if it did, I'd rather do it the haphazard but fun way- with a Bloody Mary and a proper British breakfast.

{Edit: anyone under 20 who thinks they "don't get hangovers" should realise there's a bit "YET" missing at the end of that sentence! ;) When I was 21 I once drank a group of Highlanders (infantrymen) under the table with no ill effects the next day. Now three beers make me moan and crawl to the bathroom the next morning. :rolleyes: ] My theory is that you get -1 to your constitution every five years or so, just as you gain +1 to wisdom.}

[ November 20, 2002, 17:14: Message edited by: Sprite ]

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    whatever you do, DON'T exaggerate.

Don't take ten spoons of sugar or salt or -godforbid- pure glucose. That combined with the dehydration gives a dangerous osmotic reaction.

3. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    LOL... I'm 29. The last drinking binge I had was a 1/5 of rum in about 3 hours, and assorted mixed drink for the next 4. Before going to bed, I drank a quart of water. The next morning, I had eggs and sausage for breakfast, and went out to start the day. Oh yeah, this was at a campground, too.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sprite, your observation is correct. Having hangovers started at the age of 25 with me :cry: Ever before I drank what I wanted with impunity :) Oh the age ... :cry: :shake:

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lucky bastards, my hangovers started to show already at the age of 18 and has only gotten worse. I have to go bach til I was 15-16 to find a time when I didnt get a hangover at all.

6. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I've never had a hangover, in all my years of...not drinking. :p

[ November 22, 2002, 09:57: Message edited by: Maldir ]

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I felt deep shame for my people. Until I realized that actually there were no "my people", for I am no patriot. Finnish people have a real serious drinking problem. Every single weekend you can see people slobbering on the streets, moaning for being so drunk, those a bit more sober picking fights with each other etc. Children of the age 9-12 start to have drinking parties here. Parents don't like it, but are stupid enough to do nothing about it. I would not understand this behaviour, but what does that help when the majority accept it and take part in it. Only place worse is Russia, though that's about the only thing we have in common with Russians.

Anyway, roughly 2 years ago while I was in the army, I decided to put some grounds for my psychology studies and went on to drink my head full on one weekend-off with some friends. That's the only time I've ever been drunk, lost my memory, and thus also the only time I've ever experienced hangover (wasn't much really). I've ceased to hate people who drink for the purpose of getting drunk. But feel pity instead. For it is the custom a weak mind. One quite deserving of the happy little accidents and brawls oh so often end up destroying such a life. If only the drunken drivers would kill themselves, not innocents.

8. silent_elf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

DRINK MORE BEER!!!!

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Forashi, I agree.

I've never had a hangover, and I have been drunk only once.

The one time I was drunk I was 15 and on a music festival (missed Children of Bodom and Neljä Ruusua... I am still kicking myself because of it....) and drank six hours straight, anything I could get my hands on (And yes, I understand how freakin' foolish it was... Whatever knows what I drank....)The time I stopped drinking, I was rather unsteady on my feet, but my speech wasn't slutrred nor did I lose my memory. The result?

No hangover. Not even slightest headache or queasy feeling. I was rather Tired, though, and more or less wiped out.

But I still got a good tip from my father, who has had years to perfect the cure to hangover.

Sugar water. Works wonders. Since then every time a friend has had a hangover, I have fed them sugar water, and it has worked pretty well.

My dad even brought me sugar when we met later that day :)

Ara
    (Schoogy-doo)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.