1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stucked in the sewers,

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by jm_bg2, Mar 28, 2001.

1. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi,
    Im trying to solve the "The Cult of the Unseeing Eye" quest and trying getting out of
    the Lair. I'm ready there: killed the Unseeing Eye, get the Rift Device Part, and trying to exit this place.... When I come the
    hidden door (near the stairs down to the Avatar's area), I cant open it! And I can't get out from the entrance where I came from the beginning...and I have been looking for a key .....

/thanks
    jm

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe the key you are referring to was to be had from the leader of the Cult of the Eyeless. He'll give it to you if you agree to get the half of the rift device for him from the Avatar of Amaunator.

3. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31

I get the key from Gaal....but still cannot open....
    /jm

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The hidden door in the sewers where the large ominous tomb is and where the ex-members of the Cult of the Eyeless are is the door that Gaal's key opens. If that is the secret door you are talking about, then you should be able to open it. Are you sure you still have Gaal's key? Or are you talking about a different locked secret door?

5. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31

The secret door is just left after the
    Sarcophogus room of the Shade Lich (ominous tomb?) Where I met Sassar.

/thanks
    jm

(p.s I'm beginner in this game....)

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    So you already opened the door Sassar and the Shade Lich's Sarcophagus was behind? That was the door Gaal's key opened... It's been a while, so I don't remember another door that you'd need a key for... Were you unable to pick the lock?

7. Seric Exz Guest

There is another secret door *after* you pass the Lich-room, but you're not supposed to be able to open that ...not from that side, anyway

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 28, 2001).]

8. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31

Yes,I killed the Shade Lich also, but
    instead of trying opening the door (well I didn't see the door in the first place) I run down to the stairs to place where a building
    make some questions (I think the answer was
    like "Life, Time, The Current one") and then
    you could go acroos the bridge and fighting
    some monsters (Gauth).

Then I have fighting me through all the way back and standing on the opposing side of the hidden door. I can see the Sarcophogus room
    just to the right on the screen.. I have tried to go back the same path from where I come from, but thats seems no longer be an option. Im refused to go back. Its says the cliffs is to high to enter.....

/thanks

(The reason I ask from the beginning is that I have been stupid enough to only using Quick Save the last 3-4 quest, so I have many hours
    rework to come here again...)

9. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31

Seric Exz: Do you know what I need to open the door? or do I have to redo the quest from the beginning?

[This message has been edited by jm_bg2 (edited March 28, 2001).]

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    What have you tried? It must be something simple since I don't remember having any trouble there... Could be a bug I suppose...

11. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31

Maybe it is a bug, I'm reading a walkthough and it says nothing about this matter at all.

I've noticed there is a patch to be downloaded...

But anyway, thanks for your answers and help!
    /jm

12. Dale The Red Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Having just done this quest on my 12th time of going through the game I think I know what you mean, if im right you went into the Pit of the Faithless (where they chuck the bodys of ppl who died from haveing eyes cut out) then gone through the ghost town killed the Greater Beholder with the rift device, and now can't get back up the steep slope. Go back to the tunnels where you met the main beholder search along the southern wall for a stone passage, that way you can get to the upper reachers

**spoiler**

Make sure you take the rift device back to the temple or you will be killed when you reach the surface as its cursed

**spoiler**

13. jm_bg2 Gems: 1/31

In the very south of the dungeon , after killing the great beholder as you describe,,
    there is an exit,but there I meet the hidden door......

[This message has been edited by jm_bg2 (edited March 28, 2001).]

14. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So, wait a minute, you killed the Unseeing Eye? You used the rift device and went to the South exit, and you can't open the door from the inside? That's a bug. I know that you can't open it when you're in the hallway that connects to the Sarcophogus, but when you are on the other side of the door, you should be able to open it.

15. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sometimes that door doesn't open from the first time (happened to me once). Try opening it a few times with different characters (maybe the one with the rift device). Try lockpicking or "Knock"-ing it.

16. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Load the patch , it solves alot of other issues.

As for the hidden door in the Beholder area , you should be able to open it.

If everything in the area is dead then , it may be fixed by the patch.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.