1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The origin of your nickname

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ezellohar Shark, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Silverblade Guest

Also see: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000950.html

What I said in that post isn't completely true however. I didn't just put two words together, but I got my username from BG2. Silverblade was the dwarf who created Crom Faeyr. But because it is a versatile name I didn't feel like metioning it. Before I changed my name to Silverblade, my user name was Antoine. I doubted for days if I should change it to Silverblade, Darkblade or Shadowblade. I also doubted if I should instead of blade use axe. It decided on Silverblade however (as you can see).

2. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

"Sprite" was my nickname when I was in high school. I used to meet my boyfriend when he was finishing up with his gaming group, and since they almost always ran overtime :rolleyes: I tended to be kept waiting around. This happened so much the DM decided I needed to be designated a non-player character and after flipping through the Monster Manual a bit, started referring to me as "the sprite". From thence it became a nickname.

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited February 24, 2002).]

3. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My longest standing p+p character's name is Damona Silvecloud. I've had her for 2 years, started at as a level one thief, and I'm pretty attached to her. In her early thieving endeavors, she'd mumble over and over "you don't see me" like a mantra.

Now that I think about it, I said this on one of the lost threads recently.

4. total Guest

I choose my nick from a list of Cereals, when i joined United Cereals of NetStrom, in that time i played Total Annihilation, so i choosed Total from General Mills i think. I kept it to today.

5. Cannibal Penguin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm just random, bordering on psychosis. I think I was sitting at my computer scribbling on a piece of used printer paper. It's as simple as that.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal Penguin (edited February 24, 2002).]

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    When I was young...er, I messed around creating RP characters, and, well, created a pair of twins that were basically Raistlin and Caramon from Dragonlance, except that they were female. They were supposed to be Arabel and Mirabel, but I misspellled the name Arabel and wrote Arabwel instead, and liked it so it stuck. The characters were never used in anything, it was just a simple ditty, but the name Arabwel sort of stuck.

So no I use the name Arabwel for my characters as well as for my internet name.
    Actually, a professional author has said that the name is good. :)

Ara
    (Typecast typo)

7. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Ezellohar Shark- what's the origin of YOUR nickname?

8. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] It is a priviledge and an honour to bear the name of the greatest actor the world has ever known. In his performances Christopher Lee combines his distinguished demenour and imperious voice with the subtle and sublime nuances of the best actor in the world. Long live!!! :)

(Also a well known Tolkien fancier. The sport. Not the arthropod)

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited March 01, 2002).]

9. Okay. Ezellohar comes from The Silmarillion by the guy we all know and love-Tolkien,the creator of LotR.

Shark comes from shark.
    I used the name for my BG pallie and I use it as my username and nickname.

Ezellohar Shark
    (PS.Im a pallie,not a stinking tasloi...)

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

See the links above ... but I'll tell you again too ...

Mathetais is koine greek for Disciple / Student. As a Christian, my main identifying characteristic is that I am in a student/Master relationship with Jesus. Everything else in life is subordinate to that.

A new Character name I am using is Scandal. I like it because it has an edge (especially for a good character). It also has a Biblical root when the Cross of Christ is called a "scandal" to the current theology/philosophy of the World.

11. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

12. PowerPuff Guest

During a shameless blues session I was urged by my niece to shut my mouth and give my guitar a rest, because a certain cartoon series was on some God-forsaken channel. Reluctantly, I put my instrument down and watched some TV. It seems that happens a lot, so either I'm a poor guitar player, or we are talking about one seriously charming bunch of cartoon characters. The former is, of course, not an option ( :p ), so I have decided to hype the cartoon instead.

(Besides, I'm a huge Bubbles fan ;) )

13. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

The name (as if anyone cares) comes from a Draconian in the First Dragonarmy. Subcommander Slith, second in command to Kang, the Bozak. Slith is a Sivak.

14. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Jeremiah is my name and i'm happy as a lark!
    3/3/86 is my birthday and hence Jerlark386.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Jerlark386

15. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

I squish spuds... what more do you want??

16. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] i am an omnipotent being. i used 'the' so that i wouldn't have to specify what i am a god OF (still not sure what kind of deity i want to be when i grow up, hmm, maybe spam? yeah, that sounds cool- the god... of spam! obviously not junk e-mail/posts, but the canned 'meat' product). no-one cares anyway. too much digression, starting to waffle. ;)

17. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ok...
    I got my nick, Eilonwy, from a book. It is written by Lloyd Alexander and I think it is called "The land of Prydain" in English. Anyway, in the book (s) there is a adventuringprincess called Eilonwy. She has magical powers, red hair, she is funny and irritating!
    Kinda like me then...If you know me.
    I chose that nick because I thought it fitted in with my personality aso.
    My first nick was Mullah, but it was boring (and well noticed after that the towers in USA were crashed...!)
    so I took Eilonwy...
    But I am starting to change my mind...
    Maybe it wasn't such a good nick after all...?
    :D

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well my nick is a misspelled spanification of my real name. I was called this in school for sometime and I liked so when my old nick got stolen on mIRC I took this instead and have had for the last 5 years.

19. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

About 3 or 4 years give or take I started playing roleplaying games on my computer and I started out as Tirion which was from a Tolkien book....I beleive it was a city or something like that(its been awhile)and slowly that turned to Cirian because of Everquest(yes I had a problem.....I was addicted to Evercrack)I couldn't get the name I wanted so I changed a few letters and....hullo Cirian and half elvin Ranger.

20. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Eilonwy did the adventuring party your princess come from have a pig keeper named Taran, an andventuring Bard/King named Fflewddur Fflam, a creature named Gurgi, and a Oraclular pig named Hen Wen??

Anyway my nickname came from my first D&D(first edition) fighter dwarf. Played to much and it stuck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.