1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who Would Like to Join H.O.T.B.O.D.s?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I am starting a new society for the preservation of morality & goodness. It is called H.O.T.B.O.D.s.

The Acronym stands for:

Holy
    Orthodox
    Totally
    Better (than)
    Other
    Deviants

Membership requirements:
    1) You must hold to your worldview passionately
    2) You must pledge allegiance to the Flaming Cleric (me!) :D
    3) You must try with all your might to fight evil and promote goodness
    4) You must, at all costs, "N"ever disagree with Cleric referred to in #2 :p

Who would like to join me?

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited July 19, 2001).]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, if I can "ever" disagree with the Flaming Cleric then count me in! ;)

[Edit]
    Oh! I see... You meant "NEVER"... Well, deal me out then. :D

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 19, 2001).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Thanx, but no.

I already pledged to Septic.
    What a waste...
    Everyone has his/her cross I suppose...

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Press Release. . . 5 minutes after opening the doors of HOTBODs people were already protesting and aiming water hoses at the flaming cleric.

Mathetais, CEO of HOTBODs International rushed and nailed a new set of theses to the doors of their offices. (Unfortunately the doors were made of glass and the result only added to the brewing riot)

This reporter did pick up the theses and witnesses the revised rules of membership for HOTBODs . . .

Membership requirements:
    1) You must hold to your worldview passionately (still #1)
    2) You must pledge allegiance to the Flaming Cleric (me!) (or just laugh at his jokes once per month and he will be convinced that you are his best friend)
    3) You must try with all your might to fight evil and promote goodness (as long as this does not interfere with Personal Hygiene or your favorite TV shows)
    4) You must, at all costs, "N"ever disagree with Cleric referred to in #2

The BTA Clause - Disagreements with the Cleric are allowed as long as your are nice and promise not to bring a squirt gun to the membership meetings.

5. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Sorry but no! I have sold my soul to another 'authority'.(Remember i'm married) :D

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sounds like a heavy comitment. I'll pass

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Ask Shura when he gets back...It sounds like his sort of gig! ;) :D

8. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you ppl should leave your 4 walls somethimes dont ya think? :p ;)

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Alright, alright. I'm in...

But I want 5 weeks vacation, double my current salary, promotion after 2 months, a cool robe to wear and all the holy wine that I can drink.

Good help doesn't come cheap! :D

10. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I Pledge!!!!
    Only If I get The same Benefits!

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What's this? some form of organisation with a cool acronym that doesn't have dozens of counter-factions, splinter groups and schisms? To remedy this situation I announce the foundation of SAPS (Short Apathetic Person's Society). For membership you need to have no clear world view, aside from a conviction that you can make troublesome reality go away by pretending it isn't there, or a firm adherence to the most recent philosophy someone has mentioned to you. I confidently predict that anyone apathetic enough to be allowed to join will not be bothered to apply.

12. PowerPuff Guest

Do the benefits include free cake? Hey, I'll join the first organization that brings me free cake. I promise I will read the 'membership requirements' list as thorough as I would a software licence agreement.

The good Lord Moeken states that good help doesn't come cheap. I, however, am useless, cheap, willing & able, milord! :D

13. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Why do I get the feeling that this is all somehow my fault? :confused:

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

WOW, this is great. A private gentelmen's club. WOOOHOOO!!!! All the free lapdan....huh, what tha.... Oh, heh, wrong kind of hot bods I suppose. Hmm, well, if any leader is at least willing to pay my cover charge and give me a stack of ones, well, sure. But otherwise, perhaps I'll pass for today ;)

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] All requests have been honored:

Lord Moeken: Thou art granted vaction; 2x the current $0 that Sorcerers is paying you, a promotion to ULTRA HOTBOD in 2 months (giving me two months to figure out what ULTRA stands for); a cool terry-cloth robe to wear; and a bottomless flask of holy wine.

ClammyRyu: Thou art granted the same, PLUS I will through in a tin of weightlifting chalk to fix that sweaty palm probelm ;)

PowerPuff - CAKE included! We have Cake at every meeting. In fact, Cake just released a new CD. The song "Short Skirt & a Long Jacket" is the HOTBODs anthem!

Crawl . . . I'm working on the lapdan . . . errr . . . I'll pay your cover charge and give you a stack of ones & a roll of quarters! :D

Oh, and lest I forget:

KITARA - as you loyal sidekick, I have hung banners of your red-headed self in the HOTBODs meeting all. If you would condescend to attend one of our meetings, I'm sure you'd find a LOYAL following! ;)

16. Joining a holy organisation such as this would be an honour. (but get rid of your evil avatar).

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Miniwoo - his avatar is not avatar of an evil creature but neutral (Ignus).

But your avatar IS of EVIL creature - fallen angel (Trias the Betrayer).

No matter, avatars don't make a man - posts do. IMHO, of course.

18. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sniff.. You gave me the sam advice, Extremist..
    HISS!!! Trias..
    Well maybe it's the reformed one...
    Ignus is cool but somewhat CRAZY.

19. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No thanks, I already have my own organisation of pledging (that I only knew about 30 seconds ago(?!))

Anywhu, does that mean Extremists spams mean nothing but his avatar makes him rock (against)( :) ) but i can put up with that, erm, yeah.

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31

My avatar means nothing. That's not me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.