1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale 2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by fuoco, Aug 11, 2001.

1. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

2. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Very interesting. I hadn't heard of the possibility nor had I thought it one that BI would produce an IWD sequel. I wonder what the story would focus on, and if it would be a continuation of the first? Nonetheless, the graphics, art and voice acting were the best. I hope the sequel matches it, and I'm pretty sure it will.

3. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sweet IWD2 !!

I hope i can import my guys From HOW which i worked so hard one. Like bg to bg2.

NWN i want the too!

4. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Cool! IWD2! :D
    Can't Wait!

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

How nice, another totally mindless dungeon bash with a story they came up while reading the morning newspaper... I'm soo overjoyed :rolleyes: I'd rather play Diablo, there you can at least focus on killing the enemy instead of six dolts whose path finding AI isn't really the best.

I hope Icewind 2 is not the reason why Neverwinter Nights got delayed.

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Well I'm excited!

I thought that IWD was GREAT! I've heard several people complaining about IWD being too linar or too hack and slash, bit I thought it was fun. The graphics and sounds were, IMHO, better that BG. I loved the awesome items you could get. AND, I found that I could solo IWD and have an even better time that I did with an entire party.

I'm curoius about character transfer. I would almost prefer a brand new game statrting at level 1. How in the world can I transfer a character over to a new game that is level 30 in 3 classes? I have an elf F/M/T who I soloed through IWD and HOW, and he is literally GODLIKE! Who or What could possible beat the character I have in IWD right now?

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, NWN isn't delayed because of IWD2, since IWD2 is being made by BIS and NWN by Bioware.

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I can't say either of those pieces of news made me fly out of my seat. It was almost inevitable judging by the actual progress of NWN that it would be delayed. It seems like little of the main game has even been started as they are still, AFIK, still toying around with the complex tools that make the game. I wish I could have had it by Christmas, but, ah well. More time to play Arcanum I suppose. Now for IWD2, well, the first one never really thrilled me. I tried to get into it, but honestly, I need some kind of plot hook. It just didn't do much for me. Six bland characters and little story just didn't interest me enough to get me past the first chapter and lowest levels of the game. It would seem by the news post that there will be possibly less story this time around, though I really would like to see perhaps some NPC's available to pick up instead of a full six person party. I'd prefer though, just to see the game with a new story and cast of characters. But either way, I'm not that thrilled about it unless they can make it more BG2 styled. Maybe I've just been playing the BG games way too long, but graphics without story just do little for me.

9. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] A few weeks ago I would have probably said, no way! IWD rules! But since I started ToB, which I think is the best thing ever to come out form BI and company, I would have to change my thinking a bit. IWD is great, but a bit more story and a few NPCs, just a few, like 2, would make a huge difference. The voice acting and graphics and music and so on does a lot for IWD, but I would agree that it doesn't compensate for the story. I used to think the game was bigger, too, but I realized my second time through, including HOW and ToL, it really wasn't all that big. It is a great game, though, and I'm sure sales are all but guarranteed which is good for the other projects they're producing. Sometimes you need to make a Rush Hour 2 so you can make a good movie later, you know?

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Good to hear it wasn't Icewind's fault...

It's just so sad when the plot is just a necessary evil that the game has to include... It should be the main thing of the game. At leas it had good character pics and fair character sounds (beats the BG series anyday, unless you count the NPC voices).

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] As many of you said I have mixed reactions to hearing about IWD2. I think the first IWD was a good game while it lasted. The only problem is it rather repetative. It gets old fast. If they use many of the new features from BG2 and ToB or even the 3E rules I might have more interest. But please how more NPC interaction. I would like to talk to people sometime and have some quests that involve more than simply killing creatures. Mix it up a little. That's why TotLM was good, it made you think a little. I'd like to see more of that in IWD2.

But here is the big questions, when are they going to stop cashing in on the old engine and create a new one?

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Heh, this is the reason they didn't release the infinity engine in public :p I hope they'll use that rather nifty looking PoR engine for something else too...

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    After reading this topic...I finally went back to HoW...I really love this game!!! I even think it's better than BG2, although I love the NPC's in BG2...

I just finished going through Seldarine Hand!! Always a blast! I played IWD before, but this time I got a cool helm called "The Laurel of Lathander" which my paladin wears instead of a helm...I love neat stuff like that!

Well, on to Dorn's Deep...Where drow and treasure await!!! :D

14. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Way to go Belisarus!

I loved IWD...and the "Hand of Selderine" was one of my favorate places....I thought IWD had plenty of story...here is a haunted castle full of battleing elves and orcs! I loved it! I also think that IWD has the coolest items!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.