1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: School Subjects

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by LKD, Mar 14, 2003.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

What is the most difficult High School level subject? What is the biggest waste of time? (Inspired by the "I hate School" thread!)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 30 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: School Subjects (30 votes.)

What is the toughest High School Subject? (Choose 1)
    * Math - 20% (6)
    * English - 7% (2)
    * Physics - 13% (4)
    * Biology - 0% (0)
    * Chemistry - 17% (5)
    * History - 3% (1)
    * Economics - 3% (1)
    * Foreign Language (any) - 20% (6)
    * Woodworking - 0% (0)
    * Mechanics - 0% (0)
    * Home Economics - 0% (0)
    * Phys. Ed. - 13% (4)
    * Accounting - 0% (0)
    * Science (Generally) - 3% (1)

What is the most useless High School Subject? (Choose 1)
    * Math - 3% (1)
    * English - 7% (2)
    * Physics - 3% (1)
    * Biology - 3% (1)
    * Chemistry - 3% (1)
    * History - 3% (1)
    * Economics - 7% (2)
    * Foreign Lang - 13% (4)
    * Woodworking - 20% (6)
    * Mechanics - 3% (1)
    * Home Ec. - 7% (2)
    * Phys. ed. - 20% (6)
    * Accounting - 3% (1)
    * Science (general) - 3% (1)

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The most difficult one is Norwegian, and the biggest waste of time is Norwegian :p .

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Physics is the most difficult for me. Not exactly the biggest waste of time, but I hate french the most, (I salute all you people who took the time to learn english, espspecially when we're too lazy to learn yours).

4. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Hmm... What about "ny norsk"/"new norwegian"...
    Its nasty...

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

PE. I hate it and I sukc at it and it's bloody useless.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

As a Physical Therapist Student, I can't agree with that Eze ;) But I will say that 90% of Physical Education is given horribly wrong.

7. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

'Math', only a curse is worse.

8. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I hate German. "Mein Banane ist immer gerade aus" :D (for those of you who doesn't understand the similarity of first two words with english, i'm sorry)
    I love Mathematics and Physics(though Physics is helluva tough)
    PE is totally useless.

9. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My banana is what?

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, for me Swedish is the bane of my existence (Sorry to youi all Swedish people here) it is the single thing I am unable to learn. Math may be horrid, but I can manage. Physuics, well, can be done. Chemistry, manageable. Biology? Dead easy. English? Love it. Phys Ed? HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT... but not as much as Swedish. Phys Ed you can pass by milling around and doing nothing but just being there, and it's not a subject that will matter way much when you'll need your grades. My inability to pass Swedish classes and my fear for Swedish lessons and exams crashed my school career... twice. I hate it with a bloody passion!

As for the uselessness... Everything else of those subjects I can see myself needing, except for woodwork. Where would I need that skill? Everything else, evven PE, I can see the use of.

(*picking up her hjaw from the floor after she realized she didn'y pick PE for both but did a mature decision for both questions*)

11. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I don't have any problem with swedish :p , but then again, I am what finns call a hurri (swedish speaking minority in finland). The hardest of these, definately maths. Since I came to senior high school my math grades dropped from 10(highest) to 4(lowest).

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, Frostmage, in my and mathematuics case manage = to pass... I dropped from a ten to a six and to a four, too.

(Elves... the bloody elves!)

13. Xyphys Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Man, one cannot know how much I hated French and German. After four years I hardly learned something. Totally useless.

Khelben: "My banana is always straight."

Math: nothing is easier than math. I started high school with a 10 and now, six years later, it's a 9.

14. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I've hated German for five years now, because I've been forced to go in lessons. There's nothing wrong with Germany or German, but I just don't wanna learn it. :almostmad:

Frosty and Ara... I'm going to senior high school in this years august and I have 9 in maths. Well... I guess my maths grade will also drop like a... um... banana? :D

Gotta go to sleep... :coffee:

15. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I'm only in JH, but Algebra 1x sucks (started quadratics today), and History is useless because what's happened, heppened. I could only understand History being useful if you were going to be a historian or something.

16. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm bombing math, but I feel it is one of the most important. I wonder why that is.

17. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

After high school, I never seem to get a regular exercise schedule going, so I think Phys Ed. is useful.

Toughest for me is English. Not that I get writer's cramp a lot, but it's very subjective. Marking schemes are really hard to keep steady since different readers interpret the same essay differently. For example, I had B,A,A,C+,B in my 5 years of high school. Not very consistent at all.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Toughest for me was instrumental music. We had to take one music, art or drama class. I have no artistic skill and I have never been any good at acting so music was the lesser of three evils.

What really annoyed me about it was that throughout high school I was a straight A student with the sole exception of that one stupid and pointless music course. :rolleyes:

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You left out the king of subjects Depaara! Social science! Or rather political science mixed economics and sociology. I dont know if any countries have this except Sweden but here it is one of the biggest subjects on high school level. It is vital for any democratic country to educate its young citizens in politics and how it works, opening up their eyes to the world at large and the society they live in. For math and many other subjects we have machines but but only people can think about people.
    Of course these sentiments can have something to do with that I am soon finished with my teachers education focusing on social science. ;)

I am shocked though that so many thought phys.ed is worthless and boring, it is very important for you, perhaps not from an academical point of view but from your own.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I actualy quite like Pys. Ed. Its a nice change from the normal stuff.
    One of the many roots of all evil is maths. I hate it! Too bad its also extremly useful

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.