1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Christmas List

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Its November and in America that means one thing .... Christmas decorations up, holiday music playing, and my Mom bugging me for a Christmas list (yes, I'm married have a baby and live in a different state, and she bugs me for a Christmas list :rolleyes: )

So, I'm looking for inspiration ....

What are any of you asking Elminster to leave under your tree this year?

2. Banan Cahir Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ahhhh, Christmas, the holiday for giving (and recieving!!) I have always found that one of the best gifts I could get from the family is a gift certificate from a store that you like to shop from...in my case that would be something like Kawasaki or maybe even a computer store or something like that. By having a gift card you can always pick out something you like, without having to worry about your present fitting right, being the right color, the right part, or whatever it may be. And best of all, you will get exactly what you want! (I know money is the same way, but at least they can put a litte bit of thought into a this present!!)

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

ok i want Tome & Blood for my christmas present :grin: Of course a big screen TV would be nice too. Or a new puter Pentium 4 :evil:

4. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

A new cozy blanket for the couch, the Starfire extended double edged axe, a pug puppy, a bigger hard drive, a nice desk, a matching set of margarita glasses, a dvd player, new leather jacket, a maid, CD's, and maybe a new tat.

If Sandy Claws is reading this, I've been a good girl! :angel:

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Baldur's Gate 2 with expansion
    Icewind Dale: Heart of winter
    Wheel of Time on English
    The drivers license :D

I have a bigger list right on the back of my math book. Don't remember it right now.

6. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

7. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Pentium 4? why set your sights so low?

go for an AthlonXP

muuuuuuuuch nicer! :D

why do think about Christmas so early? everyone worries about it far to early. I haven't even thought about it yet.

and i still have no clue what i want, even when i am thinking about it :confused:

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Bogi!! OMG, I want a Beeblebear! They're so cute! :D

Other than that, all I want for Xmas is to go see LotR with someone special. The rest of my pocket change is going toward gifts for the kids.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I suppose the Netherlands is the only country where Christmas isn't celebrated with presents. A good thing in my opinion. Many people, especially kids forget the real clue about christmas and like the party for the presents. We celebrate Sinterklaas (sound much like Santa Claus) at 5 december. Then, Sinterklaas, an old men from spain, also an old man with a white beard, but less fat as Santa Claus (and he wears a white hat) comes from Spain to give presents to everybody. With Christmas I just celebrate Jesus his birth.

10. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hee hee! Just to start off with a side note: Ever seen what happens to an Athlon CPU when the cooling fan and heat sink are removed/shut down? The plate cracks, the soldering melts off, the chips desintegrate, and the inside of your now quite dead computer reach upwards of a scorching 600 degrees fehrinheit (spelling?!). Ever seen what happens to a P4 CPU when the cooling fan and heat sink are removed/shut down? Your application slows down (pretty dramatically) but the internals of your computer only reach about 90 degrees fehrinheit. Nothing is lost or broken. Ta-daa!

Anyway, on with the list:

Throne of Bhaal, cash, new Creed album (it comes out on the 20th), Alienware PC (um...don't see that happening), Trigun DVD set, Magic TG packs, Mage Knight boosters, and more cash.

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Banger, I just *KNEW* that either you or Capstone would dig into me with the "Jesus is the reason for the season" phrase....and I agree 100000000%!!!

Without Jesus, there would be no reason to celebrate. Sorcerer's would really be the only good point in life then. Fortunately we have another plane of existance to turn to for help, guidance & forgiveness.

That being said, my Mom is still a huge pest about the Christmas List thing. I finally gave her a list ....

Pools of Radience 2
    Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind
    The Archer's Tale by Bernard Cornwell
    A new workout suit
    A Pen (Monte Blanc)

She calls today and says ... what color, what brand, etc ....

Come on ... surprise me just a little! If she's going to make such a huge deal about the gift giving, couldn't she think about it and try to make it a suprise?

12. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] I only want one thing for Cristmas: World Domination! Bwahahahahaha!

:grin: :heh: :happy: :grin:

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Math, you are right and as long you don't forget where the party is REALY about, you got a bloody good way to celebrate and give each other presents.

I want BG1: ToTSC and BG2 ToB :)
    Ah and Unfinished Tales, and a cd from Stratovarius

15. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] PEACE ON EARTH, GOODWILL TO MAN :hippy:

... and to receive the things we really need, not just the things we want... :)

[This message has been edited by eveningdrive (edited November 12, 2001).]

16. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You older you get the harder it is to figure out what you want as a gift. And the things you really want is often out of reach of your friends and relatives :/.
    But here goes
    1. Civ3 if i havent bought it my self yet
    2. A Ferrari almost any model but not a sissy one :D
    3. A new tv
    4. immortality
    5. peace on earth
    6. a thing that can teleport people so we dont need to fly.

[This message has been edited by joacqin (edited November 12, 2001).]

17. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

All I want for christmas is my two front teeth, yeh my two front teeth, break it down my two front teeth...

18. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I ususally try to celebrate Christmas by giving the people closes to me presents that can't afford to get themselves, things they need but won't buy for themselves, or just trying to do something nice for someone who needs it.

As far as my Christmas list goes, I want.

To go home and see all of my old friends.
    Some nice sweaters.
    Choclate for my stocking.
    A thicker gold necklas for my heart pendant.
    A tiny heart bracelet I saw in the mall.
    A new coforter for my bed.
    A gift certificate to Kohls for clothes I want to pick out for myself.
    A christmas train set.
    and some CD's for my collection.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] booze for my bar :D

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I was tempted to say Bin Laden's head on a pike...but that's not really in the spirit of the season...

So, I'll settle for passing the bar exam...and maybe a cute lass to kiss under the mistletoe this year!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.