1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Spree

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

[​IMG] Just a thought ...

Has anyone ever gone on a proper killing spree? Like, I know when people get angry, bored or frustrated they begin just going crazy and killing everything in site, but stop after a matter of minutes, or the area is clear. Has anyone ever tried this on a HUGE scale?

I guess the best time would be to do it just before the final fight, go back out into the city of Baldur's Gate and every other area and just KILL everything you can find! It would be interesting to see how many Flaming Fist Guards come after you and how far you can get without getting killed!

It would be best done solo because that would at least make it challenging at that time. A lot of people will think this is pointless, even I DO :D But hey, an idea's an idea :p

2. Dangerface Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I tend to do it whenever I'm trying to steal from someone, and I fail a lot. Eventually, just to break the tedium I do one of these and then reload when everything's dead.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

A few times, but I got bored with it. Either you're powerful enough to slaughter the FF spawns, or you're weak enough to get slaughtered by them.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Yes but when you're in the heart of BG and you've got the LOWEST rep, how long can you survive if you're on your own ...

5. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Just in regard to the flaming fost spawns, I had a bug once that made flamingfist spawning like mad in baldurs gate town. There was easilly 200-300 FF soldiers outside their barracks, and they kept spawning. I think it was due to a script bug or something but it was silly. The game slowed down so much (on a 750mhz with 256mb ram) that is was near unplayable in entire BG city. In the end i did mass invisibility and spendt ages trying to navigate between them.

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I had that bug appear in one of my games too. The entire area was littered with hostile FFs. In the end, I just couldn't finish the game and lost it so close to the end.

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Hehe try taking them all out solo and then see how far you get :p

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

One time I started a new character and maxed his level out with the console, gave him the best armor and weaopn, and went through the intro killing everyone. Before I could kill them all the game locked up, and I never tried again.

9. Fly2tHeSkY

I exported my level 7 thief and went back through the game with him and went CRAZY once but stopped after I got to the FAI but I'm sure someone has gone further ...

10. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

I exported my lvl 9 fighter(cap removed) and went on a killing spree with him from FAI to Beregost, and then eventually down to Nashkel, ended up bringing up the flaming phoenixes or whatever and destroying nashkel by killing them. then I made my way back towards beregost and ended up getting killed there. I ran out of potions of healing :(

edit: eh, did not realize this topic was this old....

11. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] "This behavior must not continue. Look into the burning eyes of my hampster and change your ways" :lol:

12. hahahaguy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I killed everyone in candlekeep (except for tethoril) with my level 9 mage. I stunned Gorion with chromatic orb and magic missiled him to death. =D
    Then, i cannot get out , and quit.

Another time my party has 4 rep and went to nashkell, only to be pwned by those guards.

13. Fly2tHeSkY

I could never kill Gorion for some reason.. It wouldn't let me :(

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Me neither... soon as I'd do any hostile action to him he'd cast a spell that would result in me dying and a lightning bolt flying around (not necessarily hitting me).

15. raptor Gems: 16/31

Ah yes, Gorion and hes awesome "Kill protagonist" spell, a nasty one that is, no interupt, no save or even magic resistance ;) Go Gorion!

16. Fly2tHeSkY

Right.. So how were the rest of you able to kill him?

17. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually, I was thinking about that "Kill protagonist" spell. It sounds to reason that since Gorion knew what the protagonist was and the danger of rasiing a child of the god of Murder, he probably had something prepared should said child follow in his father's footsteps. It explains, at least from a story prospective why you'd have that instant-kill spell. The fact that there is no spell like that that I can think of in the D&D player's handbook doesn't matter. Who knows what Gorion's friend Elminster might have in his library? The closest thing I can think of that makes a dealayed kill triggered at will is the Monk's "Quivering Palm", so a spell to replicate the effect is not that unreasonable.

Still cheesy from a game's prospective.

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That makes sense but that wouldn't be lawful good or even neutral good IMHO. If Gorion raised the PC while attuning an insta kill spell to the Bhaalspawn's essence that would be so wrong... What kind of foster father would do that?

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I secretly hired an armored figure, a female fighter and 2 ogres to kill Gorion. The heavily modified Flame Arrow was a nice touch, wasn't it? Gorion even yelled at me to "Get out of here, child!" :evil: :p

20. Nyssa

Nyssa

The kind of foster father who suspects that a "chaotic" gamer might be controlling his foster child. Who would have thought that somebody would want to kill Gorion anyway?

Those guys who programmed Baldur's Gate knew what some gamers get up to, and took care of that! :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.