1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

kudos good sir

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Sep 13, 2000.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Taluntain, I just gotta say it again, this site rocks! Seriously, why aren't you #1, they don't even have a good site, it has no downloads, no forums, crappy FAQs, it doesn't have anything on this site. Why, why, wwwwhhhhyyyyy!? No seriously, why?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah Sorcerer. WHY? Why I say? Pray tell someone such as yourself would have this answer for a person who's inside is yellow yoke! Get crackin'!

There is a small knit community here, you see everyone on every board on Sorcerer's Place and not just in one particular message board area.

When BG2 comes out, I expect the place to begin to roll somewhat, but never as much as the official BG2 boards. I know for myself, all I want people to know is if they have a question, we can help answer it with good quality posts.

Sylvus

3. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I guess we're lucky that idiots haven't found the site. Maybe Sorcerer's got a cloak site from idiots spell on the site. :)
    Your right though, this is kinda a community, and it's good to know you all.
    Good hunting.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Vermillion:
    I remember a priest spell from my playing of AD&D (1st edition, I think) that makes a creature/character invisible for monsters with a lower intelligence than something (was it 8?). That one is definitly cast here.

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, I must agree, its really been a pleasure posting on a forum with intelligent people for a change. btw, nice one Sylvus.

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited September 13, 2000).]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks folks, you really lighten up my day. ;)
    Well, Sorcerer's Place is on 3rd place on the BG and Torment Top Ten list (there isn't one for IWD unfortunately), and for a site that isn't even directly dedicated to just one game, but the whole lot of them, that's a tremendous achievement I think. There are dozens of sites that focus on just one of all the games Sorcerer's Place does and they rank much lower.

So, thanks for coming back, thanks for spreading the word and thanks for your appreciation of my work. I couldn't have done it without that.
    (btw., in case you were wondering, the top ten sites can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate vote button on the left side of all site pages, under the picture menu).

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    P.S.
    The reason that Cyberjags it No.1 on the BG top ten lies solely in the fact that it's been on the list for more than 2 years (not updated in the last 1.5). I only added the vote buttons about 4 months ago. Calculate how high SP will be in two years. ;)

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Cue: Bwa hahahahaha, the obligatory evil villans laugh, and the soon sorcerers plans for world domination will be complete speech. :D
    Seriously though, this site is probably the best I've found for the games and with you trying to make it more generaly fantasy orientated, not to mention intelligent people on the forums, it rocks even more.

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

It's going to smack the BG2 Community like a brick wall. Wait until you see what we have in store for the dedicated ;)

Sylvus

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Reminder Sorcerer. There is an Icewind Dale top 10. You rate at 8th spot.
    http://www.icewinddale.com

Scroll down to Top Game IWD Sites.

Sylvus

11. hooligan_inc Guest

Sorry for the lack of posts...But Taluntain you ROCK girl-friiieeennnd

12. Mox Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] yep, this is one helluva site. yeah! i like it here:from the interface,the articles, heck even the pc's! (uh, thats us hehe) kudos to u. hey, wish that guy wizard_X or something could read these! hehe

13. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

All these girl-friend posts. Is Sorcerer a girl?! :)

Syl...

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Not the last time I checked, matey. :cool:

15. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] yeah T-money, you and your site ROCK!!!!

16. I have to say this is the best message board I have seen. The way everything is organized is really nice. It is really easy to find the section and topics you want. The "date of last post" is nice if you're a regular, you can see right away if there has been anything new since your last visit.

Everyone here is pretty friendly and provides a lot of help and info. You don't seem to get the trolls and flamers you see on other boards. A lot of the boards I've been to seem to be visited primarily by juvenile delinquents who want to impress everyone with thier "l33t" skillz and the number of swear words they know.

Keep the good work, Taluntain and crew!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.