1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How long is your commute to work/school

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ah, good old California traffic! Any of you fellow Californians driven the I-5 between LA and San Diego?

We live in Riverside County, pretty much right equal distance (not time) between LA and San Diego. My wife works at the San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido, its about about 75 miles door to door. On a good day, her drive is about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    No public transportation. :(
    I work in the mountains up in Oak Glen which is about 30 miles and takes me roughly 35-40 minutes to work.

2. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hi hi hi!

My house almost adjuscent to the school!
    Less than half a minute walk... :D

Lucky one

3. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hmm, about quarter of a nile to my bus stop, walking, takes about 3/4 minutes, then about 7 miles by coach, if that. I'm not too good at judging distance o_O

Takes me just over 20 minutes as long as we get on the roads before the rush of people headed into work.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Walk 5 kilometres to school, takes less than 15 minutes, pretty much exact 15 minutes to be presice.

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

woho, wait a second...you walk 5 kilometers in 15min!?
    I walk home 3 kilometers every day and i walk faster than anyone else around here and it still takes me 22-23min.

Otherwise it takes me 1.10min to get to school. First drive with a motorbike (which is pretty nasty now in the winter) then with a car, a train for 11kilometers and finaly a 15min walk.
    Back is a bit longer since i dont go by car, but walk. No big deal though.
    The whole way is about 15kilometers long. :)

ah, i just remembered what a poor guy i was last year in the winter. Waking up at 5.20am eating some stuff and freezing-driving downhill at -x degrees. :D (memories... :spin: :lol: :p )

[ January 22, 2004, 22:03: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

6. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

1 kilometer and a 10 minute walk

7. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

1.5 km to school.

5-10 min by bike, 10-15 min by foot.

8. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have about a 5-15 minute drive to school, usually averaging somewhere around 10 minutes. If I get a job this summer or on the weekends this spring, the drive will again be around 10 minutes.

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

@Frostbite...

A 1/4 of a nile? So you commute 1670km to the bus? :)

Anyway, I work construction while I'm in school and right now I'm framing a house about 25 minutes away. I think it's probably 50km away. (I drive really fast and the speed limit in 110, or 140 for me, halfway there.)

And I study from home, I think it's about 5.5 seconds to get upstairs. :D

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

5 sec, I can see it from here.

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

25-30 min. with a bus...
    Riding bus to school sucks...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.