1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Description of Yourself

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vicsun, Jun 9, 2001.

1. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] There are so many people here that are, well... different. I think that it's better to know who you are talking (writing) to ;).
    Describe Yourself here please. Here is my description:

sex: Male

hates: Hmmm, not much I guess.

hobbies: RPGs

I'm back!

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You ment to say "that are special" perhaps? :p

Anyway, here is my description:

hates: People who think they're gods - means I hate myself :p

hobbies: Fighting for an "Idiot of the Week" Plaque

More:

hair: brown
    eyes: grey
    race: half-elf
    class: F/M/T
    alignment: In life Chaotic Good, In games True Neutral
    idols: Slappy, Nobleman and Dudette :D
    music: metal, classic, new age
    movies: anything except comedies
    books: all except Harry Potter
    ready to engage on: http://www.terra-arcanum.com
    life motto: Everything pays back! :p

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

God I hate these type of questions ( ;)). I seem to get about one every two months come through my email. Still in the spirit of community (hey I said that on the last post like this) and after reading Extremist's here goes:

Oh hang on I almost missed the chance for a link, see this ealier version for background on people who don't reply.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000349.html

age: 34 yes honestly (I'm also guessing that Extremist must be 29 now as I know he is late twenties and we all seem to get a bit paranoid when 30 looms ;))

likes: Games, this board, football (don't play anymore), Formula 1, reading, get togethers with old friends, quiet pubs that you can talk in without having to shout, theatre, cinema, documentaries, food for thought, people who are nice to other people, dogs that are noticeably bigger than rats.

hates: politicians (well about 98% of them), noisy neighbours, not winning the lottery, people who try to force their opinions and values on to others without considering the other persons views, internet pop up adverts, internet scripts that try and take over your PC, all-flash web sites, people who automatically assume that everyone loves babies and that all babies are beautiful when clearly most of them look like aliens, most are noisy and all make horrible smells, making lists that could go on for ever...

hobbies: oh I see, refer to 'Likes' above - being Extremist's Idol takes a lot of time ;)

More:

hair: none (well it's very thin so I shave it all off - hence Slappy)
    eyes: greeny/grey murky sort of colour
    race: human - though I think I might be partly Alien
    class: I don't know anymore
    alignment: God knows, I try and be good normally but I don't how much of that is being good or feeling that I should be good.
    idols: Terry Pratchet, Tony Adams, Bob Geldoff (that's a bit spur of the moment though)
    music: from StarWars and classical CDs through to AC/DC including things like Jerry Lee Lewis, KD Lang, The Beatles, Kate Bush and Squeeze. All sorts in other words though I hate this modern mass produced (no talent) band rubbish and also the brainless and souless bum, bum, bum, (repeat rapidly & loudly) crap.
    movies: Eastwood Westerns, Starwars, Harvey, Most Older Disney (some of the new stuff is OK too), good comedies (not things like 'Somethings about Mary' or American Pie), loads of stuff again.
    books: Pratchett, Starwars stuff for easy reading, Wheel of Time (at the moment) The David Solution (made me realise I wasn't just a (and the only) troublemaking idiot), the first and last part of Lord of the Rings. Best ever though was Wuthering Heights. I read it in a weekend, was taken through all sorts of emotions, thought about it for months afterwards and haven't been able to face reading it again for fear of spoiling the memory. Winne the Pooh is pretty good too. Oh there's loads of them.
    ready to engage on: I've got some tokens to spend so I'll be looking for some discount games. Probably Deus Ex, maybe B17 or HoW or ToB or Elite Force Add-on,
    life motto: looking at Extremist's maybe it should be 'you can't rely on anything paying you back!' My historical family motto is apperently 'Always ready'. For me though it's probably 'always expect the worse, then you only get pleasant surprises.'

Right I can just link to this in future when that question gets asked.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited June 09, 2001).]

4. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

@Slappy: Why not just copy/paste it? And sorry about the repeated thread, but I didn't know about the other one ;(

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Sex: Male

Hates: I can't say that much, strong negative feelings aren't my trade I guess

Hobbies: Chatroom I guess ;)

All the other stuff
    Hair: brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Music: classic, and most other stuff, though not techno and other kind of that stuff
    Motto: The world was not made for justice...
    Mental condition: Suffering from Megalomania

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited June 09, 2001).]

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No problem, I was only being an old grumbler. The previous thread had a different emphasis and many of the people there don't seem to be around anymore anyway. These sort of topics will always keep coming up as new people join the boards and get to know each other. It's not a problem, I just put the links in to show other views that might be of interest to people not to suggest stopping a topic :) The boards would dry up pretty quickly if no one was allowed to post anything that hadn't already been discussed. (and that from Mr Link poster himself ;))

7. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hates: People who are up them selves.
    Hobbies: Basketball

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Urgh god...not another one! I love these frickin things! :)

Likes: Conservatives, making music, having a soughtie or two against millions of gibberlings...loads really

Loves: My girlfriend

Hates: This particular little ginger git i know in my school.

Hobbies: making music, reading, RPGing (both computer and table top type)

Is that enough?

9. hooligan_inc Guest

likes/hobbies: Music, cinema, my friends, any gfs i have had, my band, my website, WCW (shaddap Crawl ;)), and Liverpool FC

hates: People who cant take an apology, people who wont take me seriously, skaters, townees, jocks, getting stuff like this through email, lol

hair: brown

eyes: blue

race: honestly...

idols: Jerry Only, Paul Stanley, Laurence Olivier, Ric Flair

music: Stadium Rock, Punk and techno-Metal

movies: anything except The Patriot (and other films where good ol' brits are prtrayed as evil sadistic and cowardly)

books: what?

My website URL: http://www.legendofgash.homestead.com/home.html

Motto: 'Hip'

10. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Ok here goes my turn :D

Sex: Female :D

Likes: not working, Baldurs Gate, D&D, Chatting (alot),my kids, computers, i could go on and on.

Dislikes: alot of things some of which i mentioned in another discussion.

Hair: Long and Red and Curly

Eyes: green/blue

um Race: well really... um i dunno..lol maybe human! *giggle*

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited June 09, 2001).]

11. Seric Exz Guest

Good evening, ladies & gentlemen. Time passes, people change, and all that:

appearance: blueish eyes, pale skin, long fingernails, black coat
    mental condition: easily amused, yet somewhat bored
    hobbies: writing (everyone's working on a novel these days, right?), playing my gee'tar, webdesign, etc
    dislikes: assumptions, expectations and mental blindness
    music: techno-punk, jazzed-up electronica, bigbeats & (acoustic) guitar blues
    idols: a fictional character named Boris Yvain
    motto Always find a backdoor

Think fast, live long, run away

12. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Height: 6'1"
    Weight:14 stone :)
    Apperance: Blue eyes, long grey hair,
    Likes:hitting people with sticks, reading, debating, archery, CRPG's, and fresh venison
    Dislikes: on another post

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] age: 32 (not the oldest!! WhooHoo!! :D )

appearance: Where you least expect me! Seriously, 6'3" (Tank-like) Blond hair, Blue Eyes...

Profession: Soon to be Lawyer, but currently underemployed.

hobbies: Painting my house, travel, sports, painting in general, photography, Naked Twister

likes: Redheads, Blondes, Brunettes, Fake Blondes, The sound of a puck clanking off the crossbar, etc...

dislikes: Idiocy, Midiclorians, Slow Drivers, Lines

music: Alternative, Rock-n-Roll, Blues, Jazz, Classical, Metal (Music in general)

idols: El Cid, Belisarius, Diocletian, Augustus, BTA,

motto: It's better to regret the things you have done than the things you haven't done

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why Bel! I didn't know you cared!

Not that I don't deserve your idolatry as well as everyone else's... ;)

Anyone can find out about me in the "about" section here on Sorcerer's Place...

15. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hair: Brown to Gray (Sigh)
    Height: 6'4"

Alignment: Chaotic Good with Chaotic Neutral tendencies every now and then.

Likes and Loves: My dog, my cats, Nascar, F1, skydiving, Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads, CRPS's (because I don't have the previous 3 to keep me company...deep sigh again)

Dislikes and Hates: Self-righteous arrogant pricks & pricketts; Slow drivers, rude drivers, lane changers, tailgaters, and young drivers who have the audacity to flip me the middle fingered salute when they cut me off; micro-managing bosses; right wing politicians; left wing politicians; politicians in general; the entire US political atmosphere; organized religion (see 1st items for explanation); organized religion involved in US government policy making

Things that I wish I have, but don't: A blonde, brunette, or redhead ex-cheerleader; A Ferrari; A BMW M5; A career in auto racing; Being comfortably wealthy; a different career...etc.

Things that I regret: My divorce; Not investing in the stock market 30 years ago

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited June 10, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited June 10, 2001).]

16. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

i cant be described in mere words.

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I am Omnipresent and Yet nowhere.

I am old less than 30. hehe. and my hobbies are you guys and Guitar playing and curing cancer as a molecular biologist. and RPG uhhh As you didn't know.

Enough of this getting to know You chatter. I have a bed to catch and I am a bit tipsy.

18. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

SEX:............M
    EYES:...........Brown
    HAIR:...........Black (One ore two, maybe three grey ones)
    HEIGHT:.......6'2"
    WEIGHT:......always too much
    PORTRAIT:.... bogi.jpg
    INTERESTS:
    Volunteer Fire-Fighting, Sports (active & passive), Gardenening, Do-it-yourself,
    Reading (many different kinds of good) Books,
    listening (nearly all kind of) Music, anger my wife ;),
    philosophical talks till sunrise (with one or two beers :D ), CRPG's.......

[This message has been edited by BogiTheWaverer (edited June 11, 2001).]

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Fearsome portrait, Bogi :eek:

Molluskens stats:

Sex: M
    Hair: Dark brown
    Height: 170 something cm
    Weight: No idea. I'm thin
    Portrait: Me in front of Stortinget (Norwegian parlament building)
    Located (detailed): Sanni Østre, Brunlanes, Larvik, Vestfold, Norway
    Interests: Liverpool FC, hunting, fishing, computer gaming, computer programming (will probably start Gameboy Advance programming too), music, fantasy literature and the Discovery Channel.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited June 11, 2001).]

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Name: Marnix Karssenberg
    Place: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Heigth: 1m85
    Weighting: 73 kg
    Interests: Sport (table-tennis, squas, soccer, fitness) Music (most Rock-music) Women (have fun with them but don't start a relation :)) and going to pubs/disco's/parties and the whole fantasy-scene.
    Work: Operator Customer Services of two big ISP's.

You can always MSN me on: sheeps_for_dpc@hotmail.com or ICQ @ 52134290.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.