1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You are fat and violent...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Hacken Slash, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

According to this research , you are overwieght, anti-social and violent. Yeah, they're talking about you.
    Darn Swedes...

[ March 01, 2004, 22:14: Message edited by: Hacken Slash ]

2. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Heheh :D We are special in many ways. :rolleyes:

But the debate on wether a game like cs is dangerous has been rambling since it reached the stores. Problem is that both sides are correct, only in different ways.

The fact that you will grow fat from sitting by the computer is as true as sitting in the sofa, watching tv. You only move your arm more at the pc. People are made in many different ways; one kid could do nothing for a year but eat butter and toast, another eats a cracker and BOOM, he weighs 200 lbs. As long as you exercise, you can sit by the pc for several hours with no ill effects....

But thats just what I think :rolleyes:
    And, btw, any researcher who wants to confirm this, should not visit me... Shure, I weigh 210 lbs, but I benchpress that much too :grr:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't want to go near one of your dodgy 200lb Swedish crackers! They must be made of whale blubber or something. :D

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

A cracker and BOOM to 200 pounds?? :lol:

Hilarious imagery. Thanks. :D

5. Hacken Slash

Must be one of those "Willy Wonka" crackers...

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wonder if you've ever spoken derogatively of America Hacken Slash? :cool:

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I am not fat and violent. Well, I am fat, but I am working on that.

And as for violent, those computer games haven't done a single thing to me , SO THEY CAN TAKE THEIR REPORTS AND STICK THEM @#@@#($#()*#$&@!!!!

Okay, calming down.

*starts rubbing ears repeating 'Who-sa...who-sa...who-sa...'*

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Isn't it rather cool up there in Sweedenland?

I'd have some fat to keep me warm, as well. Man, I've seen pictures of people going out running with nothing but a pair of gloves and shoes. And I wouldn't call those people fat at all. Must be the ethanol kept them warm.

9. Blue Loon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I am violent because I live in a poor neighborhood and associate with violent people. So, I play violent games because it fits my personality. I am intelligent so I play thinking games (read: BgII, Tetris,AoEII...) Its another which came first, the chicken or the egg.

I am a little bit fat but that comes from being lazy and...BEER! If there was no video games I would be watching tv. If no tv I would be reading a book.If no book I would be daydreaming. If no.....

I understand that watching tv burns few calories because you go brain dead. But with video games you are always thinking (BgII, AoEII..) or go into a trance like state (tetris, 1942..)

Aaaa, inner peace from a video game. :) :hippy: ;)

edit: Dont forget about the BEER!!!

10. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The sedentary life. One of ultimate pleasure.

11. Hacken Slash

@Morsmordre

I speak derogatively of everyone! Most people know that I don't really mean it...in fact I'm an exiled Scotsman ;)

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually that "expert" was immedialtely dismissed by a score of other experts and psychologists and psychiatrists and whatnot. This is the same old moral panic that strikes every few years or so and have been doing so for centuries. There is always something new to corrupt the youth.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Good thing I can't get fat -too easily :D

*Eats more cookies and plays some more of Massacre*

Even though I have started to notice some violent tendencies... Hmm... Guess this means I'm soon a real l77t hax0r. :p

14. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Im the opposite of fat in fact, even though I live up north(Norway).
    I'm kinda calm and silent too, until I explode, then I'm highly aggressive and violent. I do not hurt people or animals however, it's usually the inventory who gets to pay :evil:

BTW, I chrushed my alarm clock yesterday, in a rage, it woke me up too early.....

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Aaah, it's all so clear now! And I've been wondering all these years why my sorcerous spells aren't working in real life... And I guess it also explains all those times I beat people to a bloody pulp with my quarterstaff. Damn! :shake:

16. Hacken Slash

At least now I know who it was that beat me with a stick while chanting unintelligibly.

Damn those video games. Rap music too.

17. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I just read the headline. I want to know how I am becoming Fat, Violent AND Swedish...

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Tal LOL!

In all seriousness, it's probably not the best idea to have small children playing games like Grand Theft Auto, but that's more of the fault of the parents than the children themselves. As far as teenagers and older go, I would like to think that a distinction between reality and fantasy has been fully developed at that point.

And that's another thing, most weight studies just do a simple comparison of height and weight to determine if you are overweight, obese, etc. That's not the best way as there are so many different body types. By their rationale, most people who are professional athletes are obese because their weight exceeds what is normal for someone of their height. Never mind that most of the additional weight is muscle mass, and that these physical specimens are some of the healthiest people around.

Take me for example. By most studies, I would at the very least be characterized as overweight, and probably obese. I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall, and weigh 185 pounds. However, I work out daily, and can bench significantly more than what I weigh, so I'd like to think that part of the excess weight I have on me is muscle mass, which doesn't mean I'm unhealthy. To be honest, I probably should weigh about 5-10 pounds less than what I do, so I can agree that I may be overweight, but certainly not obese.

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

joacqin hit the black IMO

There always needs to be something people can blame and rant about. Doesnt really matter what, as long as people agree on that, and feel self-righteous about all their cursing of that one particiular thing.
    My great wisdom speaking :)

Anyway, i'm certainly not fat, but i am often angry... more like a rage though, with no focus on some object/person. But in fact i vent that in the games. And if i feel particiulary raging i just kill someone on ALFA :D
    j/k

20. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hmm, maybe I formulated myself wrongfully... :rolleyes:

No. Thank you. :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.