1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More Swords

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, I'm am still not satisfied with my sword collection. So I'm going to buy some oriental swords this time, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Here are some that I'm thinking about, but not decided yet:
    Samurai 3000 Katana
    Samutai 3000 Ninja
    Swords of the Samurai
    Hanwei Folded Tiger Katana
    All the images were taken from Swords Online, just because they have reallg good pictures, this isn't an Ad, I just want your opinion on which sword or swords I should add to my colection. Also, if you have seen any HIGH QUALITY oriental swords, or fantasy swords for that matter, let me know!:rolling:

[This message has been edited by Kitrax (edited July 03, 2002).]

2. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Nashvill, Indiana theirs a shop down their with a sweet looking sword. It had a blueish handly, about three feet long. The blad it self was not like a normal sword. It went from plain to blade to forked(like the eage of a steak kniff) then back to plain then wavey like and plain again. Theirs really no words in my spelling voccab to discribe it. It was like $250-350-450, I cant remember it very well. Sorry but I dont have a web address:(

Out of the pic you have provided I would go with eather the "Samurai 3000 Ninja" or "Swords of the Samurai".

The look of the Ninja is superb. Very nice look with the three indents on the blade itself. Also the hilt looks sort of like a Jedi sword, possably where George got the idea.

The Samurai is nice looking with the dimond graving hilt and it's stand is nicely crafted. The covering is also a nice touch, dark blue. Though I wish that their was a pic of the Samurai swords them selves, not in their stored position.

The Katana I like also. Deffenly not the "Hanwei Folded Tiger Katana".

3. Kitrax

Media:
    ummmmm, you wouldn't want a sword that could slice through any other sword? I forgot how many time it was folded, but I think its between 400-500 times! :rolling:

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I was going by looks.

I'm not sure what "folded" is but if can slice through any other sword I would put that at the top.

5. The 3000 ninja and the tiger look good.Definatly the tiger.

6. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If i were you, i'd get the Tiger as i have seen it before and it's meant to be really good.

7. Kitrax

Media:
    "folded" is the how they used to make sword back in the old days. The more times the blade is folded, the sharper/stronger it is. I think once you get past 300 folds, it can chop right through concrete! :rolling:

8. I love bg2 Banned

9. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

I like the look of the 3000 Ninja, especially the style of the actual blade, very flash. And the handle looks cool as well.

[This message has been edited by Frostbite (edited July 05, 2002).]

10. Kitrax

Media:
    Because it doesn't take much skill to use a gun. You just point and pull the trigger, and what ever you were pointing it at dies. Sword fighting is a sport that takes great skill, strength, and self control.
    And most of all, swords look way better! :rolling:

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I have to agree with Kitrax. Swords are much better. They take long hard traing so that you can swing a sword and hit something right.

12. zaknafein Guest

I agree, swords are much more interesting and as most people on this sight have an interest in fantasy then it would be more likly that these people would rather swords that guns anyway.

13. Thats true, and untrue, at the same time.
    It doesnt take much skill to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, if they are right in fornt of you.

Have you ever tried long distance marksmenship? If your off by a hair, that can me the difference between hitting or missing your target. Have you tried shooting a moving target, its not the easiest thing to do. It takes a lot of skill to hit something exactly where you want it to, just like it takes a lot of skill to weild a sword.

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

True DBS. But most it's rare to find some one that shoots a target that's not moving or isnt wanting to rob a store.

We could even say that since we're mostly fantasy like people that guns could be a crossbow:roll:

15. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

how about a dragonslayer instead? supposedly the hardest steel available, ferrium C69 (japanese swords estimated at ~C60).

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Yes, back when I was a Boy Scout, I got Pro Marksmenship in rifle shooting, and I go Elk hunting every other season with my dad. I'm also a active paintball fan. Guns are great, but swords are better.:rolling:

[This message has been edited by Kitrax (edited July 08, 2002).]

17. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Samurai 3000 Ninja has a good balance to it I have one and i think it would be a good choice for chopping things up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.