1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Class

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Frog, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Whats your Favorite Class in BG? I havent been able to play them all and so maybe by seeing your guys favorites i can choose which one i should try out next. Thanx

Frog

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited March 13, 2001).]

2. Seric Exz Guest

Bards or thieves, naturally... :)
    Thieves for backstabbing, and bards for fun.

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 13, 2001).]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] A generalist mage... Go on the quest to learn every single spell available in the game. I had tons of fun playing that class.
    Had all the spells in the game and expansion at the end.

And the retarded import system in BG2 took them all away from my character I spent weeks on. Boo to Bioware for that! :mad:

4. herf Guest

what exactly does the bard song do?
    my fave class is either the ranger or the pure fighter, the ranger because you get special abilities and also you can go invisible!

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Fighter or mage...usually a necromancer or conjurer. I have never met a transmuter mage in the game...why? arn't they much liked?

What colours do you guys use? I use red if i'm a mage and black with faded yellow on any other class.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ah'm a dwarven fighter-thief, fer the traps an' locks. Ah wears black wi' grey

7. Seric Exz Guest

Never actually got around to finding out exactly what they put into that Bard song in BG. Hm... Now I'm kinda interested in finding out myself.

For colors I use black for my thief, brown/blue for my bard.

8. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The bardsong gives a +1 to all attack and saving rolls for everyone in the party. I find it pretty useless cos while the bard is singing he can't fight. When he starts figting, he stops singing and the bonus goes away. It's better to get your cleric to cast a bless spell

I always play mage for every rpg. But I find the mage in BG to be not very useful. I have two mages in my party and they hardly contribute at all. They are level 4/5 right now so maybe they will get better with higher levels but I am disappointed with the lower level spells. Magic missile is weak and only useful to disrupt opposing spell casters. I find the cleric spells to be far more useful.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Fighter/Mage of course. I always liked them. But I never played them as I should have. The Kensai/Mage option in BG2 really opened my eyes as to what they can really do. I am wondering, as I never tried in my first time through BG and now it is uninstalled on my PC, can you equip a fighter/mage with high dexterity, archmagi robe, and some other protection ring or robe and still have a decent AC? I know the archmagi robes in BG2 allow use of rings or cloaks of protection in conjunction with them, but do they in BG1. *grumbling* I wish I hadn't uninstalled BG on my computer now. Anyway, would this work?

10. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My favourite class is paladin and for the colors white and dark purple.

11. LowboDyiss Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] My favourite class is Fighter/Cleric and my favourite colours are black and red until i get the Ankhell-armor....it´s a great armor but it looks so stupid when your character is grenn all over.

12. Sol'Kanar Guest

I always use a thief, mage, both, or a druid. Nothing else seems fun to me.

13. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Wizard... or rogue. (all black for a rogue and red, white, purple or black for a wizard)

14. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

mage. the most interesting,challenging and fun to battle with. and when you get to those higher levels, you really get your rewards.

15. Istari of Thay Banned

:yot:

I just ressurected a two year old topic...

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Excellent. Prime IoTW material there. Better go read the forum rules before you end up being banned for sheer stupidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.