1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Henchman?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Klimax, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Klimax Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I try to find a text about that and I found nothing. I want a description of each and what they are. If you can help me...

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Which game are you talking about? The orginal campaign? or the expansions?

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

There is a section in the Reference Guide found here that covers all the henchmen from the OC, SoU and HotU.

I can't reccomend this Reference Guide enough...it covers all kinds of things that you might want to know.

Now if you are asking about preferred henchmen...I would have to go with Deekin. If you play as a RDD and instruct him to level up as a RDD...eventually he will get his own wings...you end up looking like Dr. Evil and Mini me!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Tough choice. Not because all the henchmen are so good that it's difficult to choose between them, but because they're just not that great. Why no Minsc or Edwin or Jan or Imoen or...

But if I *had* to choose one, I'd probably go with Sharwyn. She irritated a whole lot less than the others and, let's face it, she's the prettiest.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

For a melee character, the best overall henchman would be Sharwyn or Deekin. Bards are great for buffing spells, their songs, their misc. skills, and in a pinch, as a secondary warrior.

For spellcasters, Daelan Red Tiger, Linu, Valen, or Aribeth make great followers. Valen is a melee powerhouse offensively whereas Aribeth has better saving throws and usually a higher AC. Linu is just extremely versatile with her cleric spells.

Personally, I'd always take Deekin since I prefer melee combat.

6. Klimax Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] What ??? Only one henchman at time ??? Only a party of 2 members??? Only 1 inventory...??? Is that all NWN or I miss something? My hopes was the sequel of Baldur's gate. :(

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yep - just one henchman, plus maybe a familiar.

Two inventories are available once you get the expansion. But that is why people aren't that excited by NWN as a solo game. Very few people think it is another Baldur's Gate. What it is is a platform for multiplayer gaming and a flexible tool for creating modules.

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My dwarf character is starting to really ;) like Dorna. I wonder why?

Personally I find the rogue cleric combo good for my fighter. I wouldn't take Deekin, because he's a kobold (WTF?!) and if I really wanted a bard, I'd do it myself...

I love Grimgnaw for OC because he smashes and is so fast. I don't mind Daelen either, though Tomi has a great personality and fantastic sneak attacks. Here comes halfling death!

9. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

You can take 2 henchmen in HotU, along with a summons or familiar...giving you a party of 4.

I think there might actually be instances in HotU when you have a party of 5, but I've never had it happen...perhaps someone can confirm this.

10. david w Gems: 19/31

When you free the astral deva during the Dracolich quest, she joins the party for a while. Not sure for how long because she died during my one time through the game and couldn't be resurrected.

11. nuno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I had about 5 henchman when the deva joined my party deekin a sumon a familiar and the other two henchmen from the underdark (the tiflieng and the drow)

[ February 28, 2004, 15:12: Message edited by: nuno ]

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Fellows, fellows. Deekin is the most underrated henchman ever.

He becomes a hell lot more powerful than Sharwyn, is less fragile, and can buff just as well as her.

But well, yeah. Sharwyn's a lot more lovelier. Deekin's funnier though, and he has some awesome lines that beat many of Minsc's.

13. david w Gems: 19/31

Daelan? How'd you manage to get Daelan with you into chapter 2? When I played with him as my henchman, he didn't follow me through to chapter 2. It was just me and Deekin.

14. nuno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry i was nt concentrated when i wrote that :hmm:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.