1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HoTU -- Island of The Maker

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Spellbound, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well, I've made my way down to the bottom level of the dungeon and am facing the guardian to The Maker and his two golems. I've tried multiple times to beat these two golems, but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone offer up some suggestions? (I obviously don't have the codeword and was never really asked for it in the dialogue).

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] If your character does not have more than 5 levels in Wizard or Sorcerer, don't bother.

I know that's not much help, but it's all I can offer.

(No, I'm not imitating Halaster Blackcloak. I would get a better PC, unfortunately I'm broke.)

3. Spellbound

Well it seems to be sound advice. These are mithrel golems...nothing is even denting them. My character is a fighter and dead in about 10 seconds. I take it I'll never get to meet The Maker?

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] You need to be a Wizard or Sorcerer to get through the lower levels of Maker's Isle.

For a fighter to fret herself so just isn't worth her while!

5. Spellbound

Poetry night! :D (I did want to complete that quest for the slave golems though. Oh well...) Thanks!

6. the bum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

if you have lockpicking skills, try the unbreakable door on the level above you. it branches off the main hall where you first watch the golems fight. if you can't pick it... try ... talking to your surroundings. if you have the right abilities, you can gain access to the password for the guardian.

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I actually didn't have any problems with the mithril golems. Then again, I was wearing the greater brawler's belt (-20 damage from bludgeoning attacks) and had the difficulty set to easy. The golems' damage seemed to be negated by my belt and it was just a case of standing there and hitting them. I was a 24th level fighter at the time wielding Enserric +8 and Soulrazor Minion +4 and I hit the golems for 20-30 points of damage each time.

8. Spellbound

Oooo... david w -- I have all those things in inventory. I'll do some swapping and try it again! Thanks!

Edit -- Well, the slaves are on their own. Those items made no difference and I got places to go and things to see! :D

EDIT -- Well, I went back to try to deal with those golems a 3rd time. Only I discovered there were areas of that dungeon I hadn't explored. While in the process of doing that, I was brought to the one with the Power Source, who asked that I turn traitor against the slaves in return for his help with the drow. At first I refused and battle ensued, but I wasn't able to even dent this guy. What should I do? Has anyone betrayed the slaves here?

[ December 21, 2003, 19:26: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

9. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Heres another tip:

Get the mithral golems to chase you back down where you came from. Just before the exit they are teleported back to there starting point. Every time you step back over the line the come back towards you. Hit them a few times and retreat and heal. Repeat until they are dead. I played a Sorc/Fighter/RDD (1/X/10) so I had no magic but was very strong. It didn't take long to kill the golems but they could kill me faster so I had to use this tactic a couple of times. Also if you attack them on the bridge you will only face them one at a time.

10. the bum Gems: 3/31

It doesn't matter which golem type you side with. In the semi-final battles of Chapter 2, the side you choose will send you two battle golems. they are the same, no matter who you side with. So it becomes a matter of how do you want to play the game, as a liar or as a honorable person? Did you ever try the door. It hides the code word to the mithral golems.

11. Spellbound

Well, I went back to try the golems again.. I actually tried running back to the slaves quarters, healing, then coming back to fight again. Did that a few times and lo and behold, the golems appeared in the slaves quarters as well. Strategy down the drain.

The third time I came back to fight them, after doing other quests, I realized I hadn't explored the rest of that dungeon and while doing so was suddenly taken to Aghaaz, high priest of The Maker and holder of the Power Source. He wanted me to turn traitor on Ferron, the head of the slaves. I didn't and ended up defeating Aghaaz a whole lot easier than those golems. Got the power source with no problem and freed Ferron. So, quest completed!

12. the bum Gems: 3/31

Being a fighter, it is kind of pointless to go after the mithral golems, and the maker, except for the XP value. That portion caters to spellcasters.

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, using unmaking, accidentally my rogue-fighter-weapons master focuses on short swords, and that nifty +6 shield, and barkskin, and the greater brawler's belt the fight was well doable ...

I have found the .... to ask and .... I just can't figure out how to deal with that silly maker later .... but I'll find a way. So, where is that silly soulgem?

Anyone who knows, please PM me :rolleyes:

14. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

With my Monk I never encountered any problem of the Isle of the Maker. The only quest I did before was the village of the Winged Elves. I was able to defeat anything that was thrown add me including the Mithral Golems and the Maker. Actually the Guardian Golem on the first floor was a bigger fight for my Monk than the Mithrals. (I fought him the hard way, only afterwards discovering how to desactivate him). So magic isn't really needed against them.

15. the bum Gems: 3/31

the soul gem, you mean the one the "good" golems are asking for. That is in the room behing the demon flesh golem. You got to fight him for it. Think it was on the left side of the map, towards the north west side... yeah, somewhere around there. It is not on the 3rd floor with the Maker.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Err ... no. You are actually referring to the energy source. The soul gem was ... well, it's actually to embarassing to tell ... somewhere else; I simply overlooked it :rolleyes:

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

or you can stand behind a statue and shoot them with assanti :D takes ages, true, but they fall down. Or just whack them with that golem crusher/crasher something stick you can make on the first floor.

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What helped me in this situation were the 3 golem controlling items you find and create in the top level with the blue/yellow/red powder and the alchemist's tables. One of the items is a "Golem Orb" or something. When you use it, the Golems are helplessly attracted to wherever you drop it. They spend half their time attacking you and half facing the orb. Then my fighter character just bashed away with that cool anti-golem hammer you find on the first floor. A couple of Heal potions and one dead Deekin later, they were both dead. I picked up their power sources and entered the door.

What was waiting for me PAST that door was just a bit tougher... ;)

19. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My ranger/rogue was able to beat the mithril golems and the maker.

*hint* Use the golem items, they help alot *hint*

I couldn't do the other part though because I needed to be a mage. Oh well, got around 10k exp off of the deal so I am happy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.