1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prison Quest

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Ron the Gnome, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1. With this new bug, how am I suppose to finish the prison quest? Do I have to fight all the gards?
    2. Is Bioware engaging in a crusade against Microsoft? I never used Linux, so how does it work with windows XP?

2. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If you mean when you're fighting the Intellect Devourer then yes you do have to fight the guards. That's what I had to do. It just takes a little bit longer, that's all.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    NWN should work just fine on XP. BioWare just teamed up with M$, btw... Check out the front page of SP. ;)

[ August 08, 2002, 09:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

4. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm not entirely sure which bug you are referring to, but if you follow the Gaoler's half-orc bodyguard's advice and talk to the guards downstairs before fighting the Gaoler, they will leave, making the fight considerably easier. You have to persuade them, mind you, so if your charisma score is really low, it may not work.

Also, I am running WinXP and haven't had any major problems save for the odd lock-up.

[edit]Just saw your post in the other thread on the disappearing Intellect Devourer. Strange. I am playing through again and just finished chapter 1 with no such problems.[/edit]

[ August 08, 2002, 12:38: Message edited by: JohnnyRTFM ]

5. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1. Well I hope they will have enough clients lefts for the new games, this one is an outrage.
    2. I'm sorcere, with a CHA of 15, and I did talk with the gards before the fight with the head gaole, and they did lieave, but the head did not left any items, and no devourer, if this is not a bug, than what it is?

6. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hmm. My friend has the same problem...he killed the gaoler, and before that persuaded the guards to leave. I assume the recently-released 1.22 patch should fix that...but is it retroactive?

7. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Same problem here. The 1.22 patch is not retroactive so I had to go back to an earlier save (beginning of the game :( ) With the patch installed the Intellect Devourer spawned as it was supposed to.

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have my NWN set up on my new PC, which has WindowsXP, and the game worked fine, but I'm only on Chapter2 at the moment... been makeing modules...

Frosty (the worst speller ever... I think) :D

[ August 11, 2002, 14:40: Message edited by: Frostbite ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.